Y&R: Jeanne Cooper has passed away

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From Corbin Bernsen's FB page

https://www.facebook.com/corbinbernsen/posts/10151552429420914

Just spent three hours saying goodbye. Amazing, amazing time. So peaceful. As each minute passed I watched the years fall from her face until she looked almost childlike. Not a line, not a worry... peaceful. (She would be thrilled!) Moments of sorrow and tears mixed with stories and laughter - right there, with her. Again, amazing. We all were certain as she was transitioning, she was still there with us, drifting upward, looking down and perhaps saying, "who's got it good now!" I too, oddly, am at peace. You know to be the woman she was, the one we all loved; the Broad, the Dame, The Duchess, Mrs. Chancellor, Wilma Jeanne, mom, there must be an engine working overtime to drive that force sucking in all the good along with the bad, churning. A locomotive and that fire burning to drive it forward. While we all benefited from this great energy I know it took a toll on her, and was, at times exhausting. That affected me, all of us, knowing it. So to see her so at rest now, free of that, has given us, or at least me, some measure of true comfort. Now she doesn't have to work so hard, her legacy lives on and it's all of us, me, that will have to pick up the slack. I'll repeat what I said this morning; to know my mom you must know this; she was about equality, humility, humanity, love, and empathy - for ALL PEOPLE. Honor her today by tossing aside old habits, hang ups, hate and live for love - for us all.
You have been tremendous here and honestly, as you can see, turning to you means everything to me. Love.

• Members

It's been so important to Corbin (and Jeanne, too, I'm assuming) to keep their public family/friends in the loop as much as possible for their comfort, and I can't thank them enough for that. This is a man allowing us to go through this with him, all in our appropriate place, and it's so touching. I can feel his meaning in everything he writes, and that peace he speaks of is real.

• Members

I couldn't wait for you to see this, I know you were looking for that scene for a while!

I'm not sure I completely agree about their story, and whether it had a resolution. It feels that it was more a neutering than a resolution. However, it seems OK considering Jeanne's passing.

I do wonder whether they did this just in case she was not able to come back.

• Members
I attribute Jill's lack of screen time to Walton's availability and Cooper's illness. I expect Walton to continue to appear at least as frequently as she has been. If anything, Katherine's exit could give Jill Abbott a rebirth. She has ties to other characters besides Kay.

I'd be more worried about Kate Linder's future with the show.

• Members

I have been looking for this scene for years and years, and although it sounds self important and melodramatic, I feel as if Jeanne gave me a wink from wherever the next life is. Of course, that's not the case, but it's comforting being able to relive this woman's incredible work.

I think Katherine and Jill did get resolution, somewhere along the way they learned to love each other, if not like each other. And Katherine's last scene was with Jill, who had returned to be her companion of sorts, just as they first met in 1973.

• Members

I was handling all of this really well until I read this. How incredibly beautiful. I loved Katherine from the moment I met her in '99 and came to love Jeanne just as much. What a tremendous lady.

Archived