Y&R: Jeanne Cooper has passed away

• Members

I hope it's ok to make a separate topic on this.

Corbin Bernsen

15 minutes ago ·

Wasn't sure how I would have to say these words so I opt for simplicity at least to begin...

My mother passed away this morning just a short time ago, peaceful with my sister by her side, in her sleep. I was going to visit this afternoon, thought I had time. Reminder to self - time is a precious thing. I too am at peace however. I said my goodbyes several times over during the last few weeks. I'll go one last time now for a gentle kiss a final farewell for this lifetime. She has been a blaze her entire life, that beacon, that boxer I spoke of earlier. She went the full twelve rounds and by unanimous decision... won! And while her light finally gave into the wind that gives flight to all our journeys, there will always be a glimmer left behind by what she stood for. I will speak about that more in coming days, months I suppose. I will certainly dedicate what remains of my life to continue her purpose of honesty, equality, humility, empathy and love. So many of you have said your prayers for her and right now, today, I can say the best way to honor her is to inhabit your lives with those things she stood for. I would ask that closer friends respectfully give us some time to find our family's path in this transition, and please limit calls, emails and the rest for a couple of days. As always, your outpouring of love here on this page, is not only welcomed to continue but truly appreciated and comforting. I asked my sister what time she passed exactly, and she told me (not to important for public record) but I was working out and just happened to pick out a song for my final moments on the treadmill - "Everlasting Light" by the Black Keys. Oh what a wonder it all is... what a magnificence!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a sad day. Jeanne was one of my first soap loves - so flamboyant as Kaye Chancellor waving her nails around! She was truly a one of a kind lady and performer and she will be missed.

• Members

All my best to the family. She was a legend.

Last week's Friday Y&R was an eerie, eerie thing. I haven't watched since and I don't know if that was her last taped appearance - doubtful - but it felt like it.

• Members

May she rest in peace. I was so saddened by all the updates which made it clear that she was not going to be around much longer. Now she is at peace.

Her legacy to the tv genre will not be forgotten. I implore anyone who has not yet read her book to pick it up. It is a beautifully written tale of a woman who wanted to be the best mother, friend, and actress that she could be. She truly found the secret recipe to having it all.

Archived