OLTL: Wednesday, May 8 Discussion

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have a problem with product placement, but that was a freakin commercial. Who the hell talks like that in real life?

That much worse than the Guiding Light Pringles and Bounty stunts.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

As for the Viki reaction to Jeffrey staying on, that was magnificent and so real.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The scene where Dorian pulled off her wig while watching the resignation message was the first since the Hulu start that felt like Dorian to me. I just wish this wasn't going back to revenge plots. I think Dorian and Viki are too old for this type of writing.

I did like Viki talking about her struggles with the paper, not wanting to take Clint's money, etc.

Jeffrey is too perfect to believe in, but he's OK, just not really that invested. I do think he, Matthew, and Dani have a good chemistry together.

I did sort of like the sequence of Todd trying to talk to Victor about supporting their children, which led Victor to try to make some attempt with Blair, Jack, and Sam. It was nice to see writing that didn't treat Blair as Victor's discarded slampiece. The scenes with Todd slowly drinking the poison and staggering around his house reminded me of Edge of Night (I was hoping he'd go over the balcony...).

• Members
It was interesting that you mentioned Victor and Blair because I actually felt like once RH came back the writers had no use for Victor away from Tea and Blair away from Todd. It was like the 8 years had never happened.

• Members

I felt like that started after the Tarty mess - Blair wanted Todd (Victor) back for a while but he never had any interest in her, he didn't even seem to want to be around her. It was nice to get a break from that, briefly.

Archived