OLTL: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did we time travel back to the 1990s? because I think I just heard a recognizable song on a soap. Remember when that was an actual thing that used to happen?!?! LOVED that end montage- fit well with the whole Bo/Nora radio show stuff.

Yay for Bo/Nora being all classic Bo/Nora-y

Hated the cartoon style riff raff guy but really am liking the focus on Cutter and Rama

This younger set is great. Did not expect Matt/Des to have chemistry but damn. And Matt plays well off dani too. That needs to be the story- not Facebook chatting Jeffrey's crush. Eddie who? Rob is a find and I like that they are slowly working in new Des so the change is less jarring. Starting to see why Jen Pepperman calls them her A team- I am all in for their stories.

Not worried Todd will die. FloLo continues to amaze with what she makes out of every line.

Great job today show. I will be humming sonny and Cher all day!

• Members

Very well written episode, and based on some critisms of Jessica Klein that I've read, she certainly is a good script writer.

- Riff Raf was kind of creepy to look at, but I think that enhanced the character. It looks like the show is really going back to its roots of showing a seedy side to Llanview. This is the show that had Marco Dane, who was pretty sleazy in his day... and featured Karen and Katrina.. two hookers in front burning stories for years. So having a character such as Riff Raf's character seems to fit.

- Destiny and Matthew had a lot of chemistry in their brief dance scene. I'll wait to see if she has any with Jeffery when they have a one on one scene. I sense more chemistry with Destiny/Matthew then with Dani/Matthew thus far.

- I'm glad we had the scene with Tea/Victor reading the riot act to Dani. I was thinking to myself why she is allowed to go out to Shelter after her hospital stay. Glad to see that mama bear was not happy. That scene totally reminds me of many nights when my parents would be waiting up for me after I would sneak out to the city in my high school years.

- Rama/Vimal are cool so far, and they are being played as actual characters as opposed to caricatures. I did like her coming home to Vimal and their spooning. I even liked her giving the brush-off to Riff Raf's character... even better, I liked that Cutter wouldn't pimp out Rama so I hope that they stay friends and nothing more.

- Bo and Nora= :)

- A musical montage to Sonny & Cher! I loved when soaps did this back in the day! Some soap cliches should never be retired and this is one of them!

Awesome episode, and a great ending that makes me look forward to tuning in tomorrow (that is if Hulu actually uploads the episode on time tomorrow).

• Members

I didn't mind Riff Raf. I thought he fit in as a sleazy art dealer. I loved Bo and Nora. I also continue to like Dani in her scenes. I don't know if I am going to like her with Matthew. I know there is a history there,but that is with the old actor.. I wish they would have paired her with Jeffrey.

• Members

Liking the character interactions at the club but I think I'm gonna tire of that setting very quickly to be honest

LOVING Tea as a spitfire mom and Dani as her spitfire daughter. Victor changed his shirt!

Bo and Nora were love :wub: I think the idea of Nora as a radio personality is awesome and I'm all for it.

I didn't get what Cutter said to his club partner at the beginning, something about 'out back'? I hope Cutter isn't in on the drug running.

• Members

Kelley missal IMO has grown so much from four years ago. She was very green when she started but she rose to the challenge. Laura harrier still needs work IMO. She's young and a bit green. New Matthew is great though.

Archived