• Members

I remember in SOD around the time that Kathy was revealed to be little Kate Martin, they asked MEK about what they were going to call Kathy. MEK said she would still be Kathy, after all the girl was exchanged between so many families in one year (from the Mershons -> to the Keefers -> to the Martins) that they did need to add more to the plate for the traumitized child.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Huh? Since when? There are several names I associate with being for an older person (Ruth, Norma, Myrtle, etc...). Kathy isn't one of them. Besides that IS her name. The girl was like 10 years old when we last saw her and she was called Kathy her entire life. Were they honestly supposed to just change her name back at that point bc Dixie was back and wanted the name she originally picked out for her? That wouldn't have exactly been fair to Kathy, now would it

• Members

Lurking at all the comments so far but wanted to reply to this. I'm Kathy. Been called that since day one. So not getting how that's not a little girl's name. Kate seems more grown up to me than Kathy.

I'm loving the new AMC. I starting watching back in the late 70's and started my on and off status once it was obvious McHack and her garbage weren't going anywhere around 1992.

I'm a huge Brooke and Adam fan. If nothing else I'm getting romantic justice for my couple after McHack's Julia Barr hate inspired writing wrote the OOC as mortal enemies.

I'm watching and enjoying to varying degrees every story. Pete/Celia are Cliff/Nina revisited for me. Actor's doing a better job than I expected coming off his model/gift pointer stint on The Price Is Right. And while that kind of story has never really been my favorite I'm enjoying it because it harkens back to the AMC I loved and always recognized to be AMC. I FLOVE Angie and Jessie and am very interested in Cassandra's story. The fact that ST reminds me of Tyra Banks (I'm a fan) and has tweeted help to me a couple of times helps. But I think she's doing a good job in the acting and the story has my interest.

I think A3 (he's either Adam or A3 for me AJ, just no) and Miranda are adorable. First time liking the 'teen' stories since Lucky and Elizabeth on GH.

I'm enjoying David and Cara. I was hoping with MEK not back yet they would try to pair him up with Dixie again but find myself enjoying his chemistry with LH.

I'm anxious for Adam Jr to wake up and having the Chandler story going. And I'm doubly anxious for my big wedding I've been waiting on for Brooke and Adam for 24 yrs now.

I like the cast that are here now. And I like that those I feared would be here aren't coughKwakcough May I never see a Carey outside of A3 again. I'm sure SL will be back at some point as well as MEK. I wouldn't even mind Kendall in small doses or maybe with different writing. Zack isn't bothering and I could never stand the character.

To me AMC 2.0 is AMC classic meets Peyton Place. And while I'm watching both this and OLTL I'm enjoying this just a teensy bit more.

Now back to lurking.

• Members

I am glad they didn't kill off Tad, but I am in no rush to see him back on the screen. I've had my fill of Tad and then some, but I can't see how Michael E. Knight won't at least put in a sporadic appearance here and there. I guess though there were quotes of his floating around that he was pretty much done with AMC so I don't know.

I just hope they don't keep Dixie sexless pining for Tad to return from his assignments. Cady is too good of an actress to be denied a hot leading man to create some chemistry. Would they dare try Zach and Dixie again? :P

• Members

Oh dear god, I did not mean to be controversial or certainly not offend anyone named Kathy. I am so sorry.

1) i totally understand why they wouldn't change her name if she had been called Kathy most of her life. But soaps aren't always the most consistent with those sorts of things and I thought maybe they'd want to hammer home the whole Grandma Kate namesake thing if they brought her back.

2) I certainly don't think of Kathy as an "old lady" name like Myrtle (please God let there not be a Myrtle reading this now) but I guess I associated it with a certain era- I have 3 Aunt Kathy/Cathys who are all 40s/50s, I have similar aged friend's moms and teachers named K/Cathy. I do not know anyone my age (25) named Kathy but I have went from kindergarten to law school with about a million Kate/Katie/Katelyns, even Katherines/Kathleens, so I guess those seemed like names that would I associate more with a teen character. But of course, my experience is in no way definitive. So again very sorry to BrookenAdam. Glad you came out of lurking though- it took me several years to do so and now I'm having fun so I hope you post more. Its always great to hear from long-time fans.

• Members

Watching today's episode now... what is with Dixie's accent? She's been in Pine Valley for the last five years, not Pigeon Hollow. Knock it off already, Dixie.

I'm trying to get into this trafficking story, but it's hard to care about Cassandra when we don't know much about her. Why couldn't it be Colby or someone the audience already knows well?

I love watching Bianca and Miranda and AJ. They are by far the best characters in this reboot.

• Members

That was actor Daniel Hartley playing Pete's friend Dylan Wilder today. This was AMC's first recast since actor Jake Boyd was originally cast in the role. No explanation given for the recast

Daniel Hartley

Daniel_Hartley-27889.jpg

Jake Boyd

jake-boyd.jpg

• Members

Eh, it was BS, but I didn't mind it. That scene illustrated everything I've known to be true about Dixie as JR's parent. Dixie did what she always does when it comes to JR. She made excuses for him. It's what she always does and is the main reason JR NEVER accepts responsibility for anything. Why should he? Dixie always makes excuses for him and/or Adam is always to blame.

I also think that scene was meant to show us that Dixie has been completely focused on JR for the past 5 years while Adam's focus has been on AJ and making sure he doesn't end up like JR. It's why AJ/Adam seem to have a very strong bond (AJ wants to spend time with him, he speaks freely with Adam) while AJ/Dixie seem incredibly awkward and don't seem to have much of a bond (he wanted no part of seeing Dixie after his game, he was polite with Dixie when he saw her but didn't seem to have the same sort of ease he has with Adam and Brooke). It should make for some interesting dynamics now that JR is up. Imagine his shock when he looks to his mother for help bonding with his son only to find out that she doesn't really have one/Adam does.

• Members

Yeah, I know that, but it seemed more pronounced with Joe than it did in 2011.

Excellent point. I actually will enjoy watching that happen - JR wanting Dixie to fix everything with AJ, and AJ wanting no part of it. I hope Kathy is equally resentful of her mother.

Archived