Soap Opera Pet Peeves

• Members

I always hate how teens on soaps are dressed as if they came straight from the fashion runway to class. When I went to high school, most of us did well to have run a comb or brush through our hair before arriving.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my highschool it was like a competition to see who dressed the best everyday but of course there were those who wore sweats and stuff. I think alot of soap teens tend to dress really old though. For awhile Molly on GH dressed like an old lady to me. Its always strange when they have the young female characters wearing more cardigans then anything else. Not saying Cardigans are old lady wear but the ones they would have Molly and Kristina wearing were for older women. DAYS sometimes dresses their young people too old as well. And Y&R dresses Summer like someone in their mid 20s now but that's because Summer wants to look older.

• Members

The thing about OLTL and all the doors opening out the way instead of into the homes/rooms is something that, now it has been pointed out, is really distracting to me and cheapens the look of these shows. I just don't get the need for it, but then what do I know about set design?

• Members

It's especially unrealistic because most high schoolers have to get up at the crack of dawn or around there to even get to school on time. I know I had to wake up around 5:30 in the morning to catch a 6:15 bus to my high school.

• Members

to add to that in some areas its not uncommon for schools to have work study programs where kids (usually 11th or 12th grade) have a half day curriculum a few times a week either in the morning or afternoon to accomodate a work schedule. In those circumstances, it wouldnt be odd to see a teen running errands before school. Even if that wasnt the case, not every school starts super early. If school starts 9 or 10, then thats plenty of time to actually take care of a few things before

• Members

I don't know any Northeast schools that start that late. Most usually start at 8 and end anywhere between 3 and 4. In some cases seniors can leave early some days because you only need to take a certain number of classes and some kids are in votech or similar type schools for half the day. But you also have these school children walking around in the middle of the day when school would be in session.

• Members
when I was in HS, it was 8:45 for us. My sister had 9:15. This was all in Ny. If you didn't have a class 1st period (which happened a few days bc periods rotated), its possible not to start till 40 minutes after those times

• Members

You know we're about to approach "I had to walk 20 miles to school everyday! Barefoot! In ten inches of snow!" territory. wink.png

I went to school in the wrong ass state. Most days, I'd get home in time to catch most of DAYS at 3 pm. Then, it was homework while watching all the other soaps I had taped that day.

Archived