GH50: Discussion for the week of May 6 - 10

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BASELESS!

Oh, I will be too for that reason... I'll also be interested in seeing how many "clever" and "glib" remarks they'll make as to how they look like other people that can't be named. I mean, Carlivati is "fascinated... FASCINATED..!"* with the concept that actors have played other roles on daytime in years and shows prior. He just can't get over that strange idea that an actor can play two different characters yet STRANGELY ENOUGH look the same! He finds it "absolutely mind boggling... It absolutely boggles the mind."**

*George Costanza - Seinfeld

**Harold - The Boys in the Band

She is just too darling! I admit that when I was considering having children, I never wanted a daughter but she is just so precious, how can you not :wub: her? I think she heard people mocking her acting last year at Robin's funeral, because she's really stepped up her game.

• Members

I am actually really liking Lulu/ Milo this time around. I hope Milo is not just tossed aside for Dante. I never really got behind the Dante/Lu Lu pairing anyways.

Something needs to happen to Ellie to get her off my screen. She can take Spinelli too. Both characters are so flat. we have enough unrelated characters on canvas. I want more the hisotric families represented at the hospital as MDs. I would love Sara Webber to come back, even Steve! Maybe Lucas Jones can be a doctor now too. Or even Dillion Q, he's been away long enough to get a MD.

• Members

^Same. I love Niz. I'm not too crazy about Carly being in the mix though. I would have rather seen this as a triangle.

Also.....I am getting sick of relish. I just realized earlier that this storyline has gone on for almost 6 months. It's pickles, chopped up and put in a jar. Who the !@#$%^&*] cares?

Everyone on canvas has been sucked into it. Even Kevin.

• Members

I haven't watched GH in about two or three months, but I just watched the past five episodes to see where things are at. I HATE HATE HATE Marcy Rylan on Y&R and GL, but I think she's okay as Lulu. She doesn't suck as bad as I thought. Maybe it's better direction or a character that can't be as hammed up. I don't see any chemistry with Dante and I HATE the story with Milo, but I'm willing to take this ride with her.

Other than that, I'm not really impressed with anything I saw going on. It's nice that Liz is finally in a story that works, but you can tell the show is treading water as it sets the next set of stories up. I'm okay with that. Gonna keep watching for now.

• Members

RC does this particularly poorly, IMHO. His writing even during its better periods (early on OLTL, etc) always gets sucked down with big chunks where things do seem to just be pointlessly treading water, to use your term, while waiting for something big to happen (I guess the onslaught of new characters coming soon, in this case.) Sure, it's something soaps even at their best often have some trouble with, but I really notice it with his shows.

Archived