GH50: Discussion for the week of May 6 - 10

• Members

... and isn't this type of storyline pacing supposed to be Soap Opera writing 101. One one story is reaching it's climax, another story should be ramping-up, and another story starting? Irna Phillips was very clear in this direction to Harding Lemay. I am sad to say that it seems to have gotten lost with some of the more recent crop of Soap Opera writers.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Nikolas. I love Liz. I love watching them together, but I agree, my stomach does get queezy after I get pas tmy excitement of having very familiar faces onscreen. Nikolas was your husband's brother. That is just deplorable. And now, we're revisiting it? I just would be so uncomfortable with Nik/Liz being end game. Especially since it feels like it took a long-time to dig Liz out of her love story rut because of the initial affair.

• Members

I think Liz/Nik is being done for her to choose AJ in the end, because being with Nikolas was such a mistake and hurt so many people in her life. I like it, it shows her growth - but i buy the temptation, the attraction so I get why she is drawn to him.

But i *LOVED* them the first time around. I loved that at the start they were addressing how Liz felt obligated to be with lucky, to take care of him. Because it felt that way for a long, long time. Then it became this strictly sexual sleezy affair to trash Liz and prop Lucky once JJ returned. Ugh.

• Members

I remember thinking Niz were hotter than fish grease and cringing at Liz the same time.

Unfortunately, every male that has come near Liz has suffered because of Lucky or Jason, but at least Becky had really good chem with SBu. With Lucky, they stopped being cute at adulthood. Greg Vaughn should have stayed and they should have kept him with KeMo and gone with Liason.

I don't care about Niz, but I think this is an interesting quad, and like you, I believe AJ will be with Liz. She will more than likely save him after Carly digs her high heel into his forehead. I have a strange feeling CarnAj are not done just yet.

• Members

LMAO!!!

I'm going to bashed for this, but I kind of like Sabrina. I just wish someone else would take over the writing duties. The dialogue between Sabrina, Patrick and Britt is horrendous and the young lady who plays Britt is simply beautiful, but she needs to work on her acting skills.

• Members

I just think it's so gratuitous. We can't get Lucky back right now, and Ron doesn't seem to know how to do any stories other than instant triangles and quads, so what to do? Don't have Liz talk through her deep, deep issues with Lucky or Jason - just have her reignite a wildly unpopular, unfortunate affair with Nikolas which thoroughly degraded both characters, even though both of them seemed long over it! Because without an immediate triangle or quad, Ron no longer knows how to tell a story. It's so [!@#$%^&*] arbitrary - he gets so focused on his larger mechanics of fitting Slot A into Tab B that he forgets to tell any kind of organic storyline. And Carly and A.J., while hot, should never have happened so fast either - it should have been many, many, many months before they let it go there for real. It should have been lurking on the periphery of his building relationship with Liz and her coming to terms with her past.

• Members

I can't disagree with any of this, especially Carly and AJ. Carly had zero reason to go there at this time. I enjoy them but that is because LW and SK work very well together. However, it pains me when the actors have to do the "writers" job! It should be more about the actors' chemistry.

• Members

Ouch. I guess it's clear that FV and RC are NOT fans of the GH supercouples. Luke & Laura are basically over. I've seen ten times more emotion from TG when he's in scenes with NP than with GF. RC raked Frisco & Felicia over the coals. There has been no Robert & Holly and very little Duke & Anna. I guess Sonny & Brenda had some nice scenes. For me, it's definitely time to tune GH out again. I might try back during November sweeps.

Archived