AMC: Monday, May 6th Discussion

• Members

There will be mail if Debbi said the F-word. She used to be religious, carrying her bible around, gathering family for prayer, forgiveness, maybe a little hypocritical to be losing her religion expecting better than others but it does not apply to herself.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Why should David respect Jesse when Jesse clearly doesn't respect him? Did you not hear all that shade Jesse was hurling at him before David said his line at the end? Jesse has openly hated him for years and that hasn't changed. He isn't even grateful to David for restoring Angie's eyesight, which is why she has given him a chance for redemption

As far as being a true friend and helping her family and marriage; what is he supposed to help? He JUST got out of prison. He knows nothing about the Hubbard's current troubles. Heck Angie doesn't even know bc Jesse is LYING to her. David had a catch up scene with Angie and all she told him about was Maya and Lucy's news but that everything was good with her. As far as she and now David know, everything is perfect with her family.

• Members

I think the producers have cautioned to tone down the cursing. I tweet with Debbi and so she has gotten some tweeters not happy about the cursing thing too.

I think some might not be totally satisfied with maybe perhaps a flip change in the character of Angie. Fans loved her quieter side but maybe Debbi is showing that Angie has her more assertive side too.

I think the producers have cautioned to tone down the cursing. I tweet with Debbi and so she has gotten some tweeters not happy about the cursing thing too.

I think some might not be totally satisfied with maybe perhaps a flip change in the character of Angie. Fans loved her quieter side but maybe Debbi is showing that Angie has her more assertive side too.

• Members

There are a percentage of viewers out there who feel the same about how the character of David is going in the reboot. Same old, same old.

Actually, I think some critics assumed that Dr. Evil would come right out of the gate and NOT this friendship fest with Angie. At the end of the day fans love their Dr. Evil.

• Members

Yeah. I got a crazy vibe when she looked in the mirror (before creepy dude showed up). I'm interested in her, but I just wish she and Pete weren't so boring and the writing so ... not really there. I wish I could put my finger on why they're not working for me right now. It's early so I'm not dismissing them but .... oy.

• Members

I enjoyed today's episode immensely! So far, for me, I'm not noticing this "pacing" issue others have been talking about concerning the head writer. Everything seems to be flowing and progressing smoothly. Sure, people are impatient and want instant gratification, however that's not what continuing drama has been about. :)

I loved Angie telling all of them to shut up, I literally laughed out loud because I was honestly thinking the same exact thing. That scene was well done because if Angie said it for me, then clearly it was supposed to be loud and obnoxious! :lol:

Hmm... what else... Jesse? The less I say about the facial ticking hypocrite, the better. Even though she's on ignore, I can see y'all still responding to the silliness. As for Angie, I always have to give Debbi Morgan props. She's said she's never really been one to desire to have children, yet she is just so natural in her matriarch roles as Angie. I say roles because the way Angie mothers her kids is different than the way she "mothers" David and it comes across. It's all coming from the same place of compassion and nurturing that Angie has as both a mother and a doctor but it's delivered differently.

Miranda and Bianca... on one hand, I would think Miranda would be a little more, shall I say, immune to the "freak" thing because I'm sure Bianca's never made it a secret that there are bigots and ignoramuses out there. I would liken it to growing up as a black child, myself. I was never surprised that racism and bigotry existed in the world. It would hurt or disappoint me if I experienced it, sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. However, I do agree that people targeting her for her mother's orientation could be hard to take and I think maybe she's lashing out at her mother because that's the one person she knows won't turn her back on her. Wow, much like Erica and Mona. Erica gave her all that guff because she knew that her mother would never abandon her the way Eric did. I also liked the touch of Miranda ripping up the blouse that Bianca gave her as a symbol of her resentment towards her mother. It's subtle but noticeable touches like that I enjoy because it shows the character actually being a THINKING character.

That's all. :)

• Members

I'm satisfied with how much I feel like we're seeing the CHARACTERS again. I can understand them. I see where they're coming from. They are acting a little bit more 'real'. Is some of it (Celia) a little forced? Kinda.

I also liked the scene of Angie telling them all to shut up because it's hilarious to me that people can literally be arguing near a door and no one pays one iota of attention. So I liked that. I'm weird like that I guess. And I've noticed the extras seem to pay attention to arguing, what's going on, etc. It seems more natural, though maybe I'm just impressed they have so many extras.

• Members

AJ called that guy a p****, that is some real street talk right there, I love it.

Miranda is wrong for blaming her mother for what happened.

David sure looked like he was trying choke JR out last week.

Angie was annoyed by everyone yelling in the hospital. I love how David was lurking around when Dixie left and looked over and saw Angie glaring at him.

Darnell Williams is like the black male version of Robin Strasser, he's quite dramatic in his line delivery.

Going in the human trafficking direction with the Cassandra story is really new territory for soaps, I don't think it's been done before. I hope it's done well, since it is a very prevalent issue these days.

Archived