AMC: Monday, May 6th Discussion

• Members

Oh now you're just being pedantic :P You knew who was meant.

Right, and the point stands--that sometimes it's just as lazy, and bad for the show longterm to always bring back past characters. Especially when, as would be IMHO the case if Lanie returned in Jane's place, she's essentially just Lanie in name only. It's Carlivati-syndrome.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, of course. When people talk about just bringing back Lanie, or Jimmy Lee and Celia on GH to shore up the Quartermaines my eyes just glaze over. (I wouldn't mind their kids or something, but really, it's not a priority in 2013.)

With C.J. and Sarah I made exceptions because they've had, at different times, vital ties to the modern canvas - Cord and Tina have been back, and Sarah has been on and off throughout the 2000s - but right now I'm not sure how that would work.

• Members

My mistake. I can't believe I said something so unbelievable. I must've confused gay/straight/bisexual/asexual CJ with died needlessly/heaven can wait/Michael McBain/ Al Holden.

I'll change the name to the "CJ Unicorn Syndrome."

• Members

LOVE. I AM DEAD ON THE FLOOR. CJ is the last unicorn. And I like Jane- she reminds me of those comfortable tertiary characters that have fallen by the wayside in the budget cut years. And if they give her bigger story later, it won't be all that ohmygod who is this new person they are shoving down our throats, death to newbies, core core core ish.

Archived