OLTL: Monday, May 6, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

"You know what cat piss tastes like?"

"I was taking a wild guess, dickhead."

laugh.png

Dani continues to talk like a sailor, I love it.

Clint isn't letting Matthew forget how he took the fall for him shooting the patriarch of that family that should not be mentioned.

Victor didn't waste anytime trying to kill Todd.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked today's episode, much more character driven.. but with some plot movement as well.

- Natalie's on!! I liked her scenes with Nora and Clint. I think the whole thing with John went down this past fall, and it's realistic that she'd be feeling this way.. though I would think she'd be a little more man hating, then mopey/depressed.

- David was on, but he was still dialed down a few notches.. and I liked Todd's confession that was taped. I like that Blair was standing firm with Todd. Did they bring up what happened to Tomas?

- Matthew has become a player! I recall how he started off as a nice guy with a crush on Dani.. but she spurned him for that Nate dude. Perhaps he just figured nice guys finish last... plus, I'm wondering if his accident/coma caused some personality changes?

- Victor= scary. I do like the method he's chosen.. arsenic.. very old school.. and very slow acting and non-traceable unless it's looked for. I have a feeling Natalie and Bo will tie into this eventually.

- Hidden camera is recording Todd as well.... interesting... I bet this will tie in with Dorian/Vicki and the CIA documents.

- I like Jeffery, but it would be nice to get a day off from him... as well as David.

- I wonder if we will see the family dinner with Tea/Jack/Dani tomorrow? Shame Victor opted out.. though man... he has major PTSD.

• Members
Matthew was not a nice guy when the show went off the air. He had been written as a prick for over a year by that point. I don't get why people think this new Matthew has under gone a personality change bc he seems very consistent with the previous portrayal of the character with the added benefit of being a few years older

• Members

I agree. Everytime I saw Matthew I thought he was a pain in the ass brat and he's kinda no different now. I think Rob plays Matthew with a lot of mannerisms I remember Eddie having so I find him to be a pretty good recast.

I thought Rob was a little overboard in a bad acting way when he saw that girl Jeffrey was talking to. LOL. It just came off as bad to me, but he'll grow into it more.

• Members

Finally Natalie!! Enjoyed her scenes with Nora and then with Clint, I don't like how down on herself she is over that douche bag. I want the spunky Natalie back!! And I need some scenes between Natalie and Viki.

Todd tries to kill Victor. Victor tries to kill Todd...same ole, same ole.

I was never a fan of Kelley Missel but damn she is killing this material and I find myself really liking her.

I'm glad that Matthew is back to working with Clint, even if he's still a dick.

Today's show was decent, felt it was missing something though.

• Members

Oh Dani is that BITCH! I love her drug-head a** WAY more than I did on OLTL 1.0. This character now has the potential to bring all kinds of scandal to this show.

And Matthew. . . . tongue.png Such a sleaze but so truthful as to how young men are nowadays. Some are deadbeats. Some do go behind their friends back and try to holler at their women. Some are "horny dogs." Matthew is that and I glad that Racina is not afraid to go there. Glad that he isn't making him a stereotypical "salt of the earth" character.

These characters have many dimensions and people that we can identify with/people we'd know.

And I'm going to need Snoop Lion to release that damn theme song already! It's grown on me!! wink.png

• Webmaster

I throughly enjoyed today's episode. Natalie got some much needed screen time and her relationship with Nora is honest and genuine. We got a break from Dorian and David (yes, I know David was on), Todd and Victor are finally getting to interact despite not being in the same scenes together per se. Clint and Matthew were very good together, while Dani/Jeffrey/Matthew feel like genuine friends. I like the interaction of social networks, MacBooks young adults getting an apartment together, etc. While they got their apartment too quickly for my taste, at least it wasn't furnished and setup from one episode to the next like we got on the ABC version.

• Members

Kelley Missal/Dani has been more tolerable and enjoyable in one week on PP than in her entire time on ABC. What a difference better writers and some rehearsal time can make. For the first time she is finally working for me.

LMAO at Andrew Trischitta getting literally 1 line per episode. So far it seems like PP knows he stinks. They really just need to cut their losses and recast though. The character of Jack shouldn't have to suffer and have nothing to do just because the actor sucks.

And since it needs to be said on a regular basis... thank god Starr is nowhere to be found.

Melissa Archer looks AMAZING. I'm ready for Natalie to have a story that doesn't involve John.

You can't tell me Victor doesn't already know how to kill someone without googling it... lol.

The Michelle we saw in the Facebook picture was Amber Noyes, no? Little CJ's real-life sister?

• Members

Roger is looking like he's having fun with this renewed version of Todd--y'know, the Todd that was fun and intriguing for all those years before the end of his run and TSJ's Todd.

Archived