OLTL: Monday, May 6, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup way too similar. Todd hanging out at MetroCourt bar oops Shelter shooting Carly oops Blair puppy dog sad eyes. Then again RC was ripping off Todd hanging out at Capricorn bar with same oh please forgive me and prove you're a doormat yet again, looks from years back. It's like this character is stuck on permanent repeat loop. PP need to break him free from that.

Too much David so far. The character wasn't needed today.

The Angel Square outside set was the best yet.

I'm in the minority AT doesn't seem as stiff as end of OLTL and deserves a shot at more than 5 words of dialogue. I don't trust him to carry a story and it's odd how there's no other teens on the show for him to interact with as Dani, Matt, Des and Jeffrey are all in their early 20s now.

• Members

Really enjoyable episode. I love the subtler (if you can call them that) moments, like Victor grabbing Tea's arm hard or his reaction when she later sat on him.

I thought KDP played her scenes very nicely today. She communicated the hurt really well. Todd messing with David was fun.

Jeffrey is awesome. And I love that Matthew is stealing his girl. Should create some fun drama and it matters because we've had quite a few scenes depicting their friendship.

Natalie with Nora and Clint was good. I'm confused about Clint and Matthew, though. Why was he so strict with him (and that creepy music on top of it)? Is there some history there?

And really good ending as well!

• Members

I am overdosed on the use of "sh!t" on both of these shows. Everything is sh!t or sh!tty, nothing just plain sucks (kids do still say sucks). I wish I were offended by it but I'm just sick of hearing the word. It's the internet version of "relish".

I feel almost claustrophobic looking at some of these sets. Maybe it's the camera work, maybe I'm projecting because I know the sets are smaller than before. I don't know.

The kid playing Jack has gotten 3 lines in 5 episodes and it's fantastic. Yes, keep him mute.

• Members

For some reason, I can tolerate the swearing on OLTL moreso then AMC. I think it has to do with the fact that OLTL always seemed more gritty/edgy while AMC seemed more like small town america... that's the only explanation I can think of for why I cringe at the swearing on AMC and not so much on OLTL

• Members

I think stuff like this is another thing where the shows will find their groove. Finding a balance in how much they use profanity. I will say there were a few times I thought it was unnecessary last week - and I love cursing. But I also thought they were several very natural moments.

• Members

Let's keep it that way. I don't Messica on this reboot for a long time. Ron, who is alright me for the most part, RUINED Jessica by making her have all those alters. Keep her off the canvas for a couple of years so I can regroup from that madness. Bring home Kevin. Joey. CJ. Sarah/Flash. Anyone but Jessica.

Archived