Y&R Who would be a good Adam recast?

• Members

I am thinking Chris Engen but there are probably a lot of good actors out there that you guys are familiar with.

I know MM just signed a 2 year contract but it used to be that contracts included many "outs" a soap could use if things weren't going well with the actor/actress in question. (Does anyone know if this is still true?)

I wish the character (and Victor, by the way) would be killed off, but a recast Adam would be an improvement.

What do you think?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't really given it much thought.

Ordinarily, I'd say it was more about the writing than the actor but from what I've seen I thoroughly dislike the Adam character. I don't know MM personally but from what I've read, leads me to believe that both the character and the actor have a limited shelf life and could benefit from a change.

Like others have posted, although I don't care for the actor, I believe he's here to stay, at least for the duration of his new contract. And this latest Twitter feud that his post has ignited doesn't surprise me in the least-- I suspected that in the wake of his recent Emmy nomination, there'd be a risk of him being even more insufferable than usual.

I guess I can only hope that Lifetime or Hallmark fill up their slate with movies to cast him in or that Tyler Perry comes calling to cast him in one of his series and the end result will be that his suddenly very busy schedule will force him to take his talents elsewhere and off Y&R.

• Members

I think that a recast would make a huge difference. In the hands of a capable actor, the role Adam could be far more interesting than the mediocre Muhney can ever manage. Scott Holroyd, who should have never been fired from ATWT for the mediocre Roger Howarth, would be the prefect recast. He is a good actor who can bring subtly and vulnerability to the poorly written Adam.

• Members

Only reason I can think of is that MM said some not so nice things to Eric Braeden on twitter a day or two ago (he's since deleted those tweets), so maybe people are thinking he'll be on his way out because of that.

• Members

Only reason I can think of is that MM said some not so nice things to Eric Braeden on twitter a day or two ago (he's since deleted those tweets), so maybe people are thinking he'll be on his way out because of that.

• Members

Considering that Muhney just signed a new contract and is always saying rubbish so it is safe to say that no one thinks that he is on his way out. More likely people are just posting their opinions because this is a message board where that kind of thing happens.

• Members

My comment was more about what I was thinking than about what you may or may not have been thinking - no offense meant. I was wondering why it seemed no one's made mention of MM's tweets & then saw this thread and since my head was in that space I thought it was connected or inspired by MM's most recent stupidity - as in, that tweet should get him fired...so it would follow that the character would need to be recast. All my train of thought, though.

Archived