Watching on Hulu/iTunes reactions

• Members

Does watching the revived soaps this way feel the same as watching it on TV? There are no commercials for other soaps now, no familiar announcer's voice. Do you feel like you are watching the real AMC or do you feel like you are in the soap resistance forced underground to watch these contraband shows in the face of oppression? Or do you think tomorrow is here and this is the new normal?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, it does feel the same as watching on TV. Yes, I feel like I'm finally watching the "real" AMC after years of Zzzendull/Rylee domination. Yes, tomorrow is here and this is the new normal.

• Members

+ 1.

I've used Hulu and other sites before to watch classic shows or recent shows that I missed on tv, or stuff from overseas. (I've seen a few seasons of Biggest Loser Australia, lol.). I wouldn't say it's the same for me as tv. But I don't consider it either better or worse. I'm just glad to have the option. I don't watch a lot of stuff "live" on tv anyway. I tape stuff to watch later, sometimes days, sometimes weeks so the difference there is I can't ff commercials online, but there also aren't as many online.

Now for AMC I do run the HDMI cable to the tv for my mother because it's a nicer experience for her to see it on a 32" screen instead of a 17" one. (And, just for the record, I warned my 80-year old, traditional Italian mother about the language but she's got cable so it's not like she hasn't heard it before! She's still watching.) Her only comments so far have been about how short the show is.

• Members

I watched OLTL/GH largely on YouTube before, so watching AMC/OLTL on Hulu isn't THAT different, minus the ad breaks. Those are annoying as hell, but I'll deal with it to have those shows back.

(Note: I don't have anything where I can watch Hulu on TV at the moment, so watching Hulu online is still relatively new to me).

• Members

I'm liking it a lot and thought I really wouldn't. I am probably the only 20 something in America who still watches all of my primetime shows at their regular time/night on TV (and soaps whenever I can) so a few commercials on Hulu is nothing and lets me switch tabs to my email or twitter. I don't usually like watching things on the computer but there is something nice about the anytime element and I'm so happy to have these shows back that it doesn't bother me. If I ever finally get an iPad, I may switch over to the Multipass option.

• Members

Well there you have to purchase the episode for $0.99 first tongue.png

I got the iTunes multi-pass but don't think I'll be doing it again after the first round of 20 episodes. The quality of the episodes isn't great, how can you give someone who buys the episode a lower res, SD copy?? Sorry if that sounds ridiculous to some-I'm just a total quality/HD freak tongue.png The episodes off iTunes look washed out.

I enjoyed watching the shows on Hulu. I mean I even had fun w/the advertisments sometimes (the interactive ones).

I call BS on Hulu's claims to "improve" your ad experience though. I hit "no" to several of the ads "Is this ad relevant to you?" questions and I still see them & their counterparts days/months later!

• Members

I usually watched AMC and OLTL on Canadian simulcasts--sot hey never had commercials for other soaps anyway (and it's not like Soaps, for example, does now--or any of them really.) I don't remember any announcer (I don't count the person saying a product name briefly after the credits, an announcer.) Obviously I watch the new soaps on my TV, on FXCanada. So... meh it feels basically the same.

It does seem ridiculous that the iTunes episodes aren't HD--I don't think it's ridiculous that you should get HD if you're paying...

• Members

Did you get the one at the beginning the other day (Tues or Wed) with the option of regular ads or play the trivia game up front and get no ads for that show? That was fun. I scored 4/4 on the trivia. smile.png

Archived