OLTL: Thursday, May 02, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Trevor is playing him very traumatized. ITA with whomever said this is the type of dark, serious PTSD return story RHTodd should have gotten after his 8 years of torture. Sadly RC wrote the campiest BS and RH descended into GOOF again.

ICAM on too little Natalie, and too much Rama.

• Members

I enjoyed Viki and Jeffrey's interaction. It was quite complex and interesting. It would seem that Viki enjoys Jeffrey's attitude, even though she makes sure he doesn't go too far.

Victor/Tea sex, good. The baby stuff, the cliffhanger... Loved it.

Todd and Blair, also great scenes. Well done.

Vimal is such a cutie. I am very intrigued by the concept of them trying out an open marriage. Sure, drama will ensue. Let's see!

Cutter has probably just made things worse.

UGH at the comical music playing while Dorian is talking about her discovery of torture sites. I mean, really? WHY is the show taking a comical route with her to this extent? Someone said in one of the previous threads that they were enjoying Viki/Dorian back to fighting. I'm not--at least not as much as I should be. And the reason is because Dorian is being written like a buffoon that can't possibly outwit, outsmart or win against Viki. If the stakes are already in Viki's favor, where's the fun in seeing their rivalry? Dorian needs to go back to having substance, to be genuinely threatening and to tone. it. down. At the end, we went from ha-ha-look at idiot Dorian to psycho/dramatic music and the appearance of the show finally dealing with the rivalry seriously.

• Members

Aww this is a baby thread compared to AMC. I wonder why because the show has been great this week.

I never liked/accepted tSJ as Todd but he got to me today. I want more of the story of what happened to him. Super hot love scene although I couldn't help but think he hasn't even showered since he escaped.

LOVE that the Viki/Dorian rivalry is in full force and not about something stupid. David is toned down but still really fun. I hope Clint gets more to do as the weeks go on. Introducing Jeffrey tied to Viki and The Banner is the right way to bring on a new character. Way to go writers. Corbin is so charismatic- you've come a long way from High School Musical.

I squealed when Todd came up behind Blair and put his arms around her. I backed the scene up four times. Love Hulu for that.

Really glad they kept Vimal and Rama- those were two characters that could have easily flown under PP's radar but they are really vibrant supporting characters. Same for Cutter and glad he's taking on a more prominent role. Even better if we get visits from his mom and sister.

I guess they'll delve more into Natalie and the younger set next week. And for once, that excites me. I wonder if Jack will play in with the other four or if he's strictly a supporting player in the Todds tale.

I want Tina to visit and maybe bring on one of her kids. And I want a line explaining where Jessica is.

In all, I give premiere week an A.

• Members

I too want to know where Jessica is living. I think this thread is quieter too, but it seems like collectively most of us are having less issues with OLTL in the sense that it is closer to what we had been seeing when it went off of ABC.

• Members

Forgot to mention I am loving the Viki/Dorian aspect. Actually the Jeffery aspect is the most interesting as you see him trying to push Viki into things she is not comfortable doing as a journalist to be competitive, edgy and relevant.

Archived