Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will always miss what J.T. and Colleen should have been. In my imaginary Y&R, they are together with a couple of kids. An amazing couple wasted by subsequent headwriters including Jack Smith and destroyed by MAB.

As for Mac, the real one is married to Raul doing charity work somewhere.

• Members

I read on twitter JT was supposed to return with Reed but scheduling conflicts stopped that.

If Mac is coming back it better be a recast. I hated Grandma Mac. Mac needs to be back but the last few Macs sucked.

And this should be good news to some fans

• Members

Pre-2005, when they were able to write for good female characters.

MAB sent the women back to the 1950s, JFP's bumped them up to the 70s but they're still way out of date. They have plenty of great female characters but the ones onscreen are all about babies and/or men, and the older ones are sickly. Lauren and Jill have careers & ambition but are never included in the business stories. The 2013 females can only live offscreen on Y&R. Contrast that with GH; Tracy, Lucy Coe, Anna Devane and other females are driving stories on every subject.

It's too bad, Bill Bell was ahead of his time, and all the other soaps, when it came to writing women (for the most part). In the boardroom and the bedroom he had a cast of females characters who were determined to get what they wanted. Now they're all wishy-washy

• Members

The women on GH are setting women back in a a different way. They are all pathetic and most of their lives revolve around men.Tracy is involved with some bs over relish. Lucy was involved in that campy vampire bs. Hell Anna couldn't even remember the Miranda Rights. She had to read them off her phone! I don't see any strong smart women driving stories on any soaps current.

• Members

I don't think they are killing off JT. I know they wanted him back on for an appearance but scheduling conflicts made that not happen so he's supposed to return at a later date. Alot of Victoria fans were bitching about Reed not being in town. Why I don't know since most of the kids are never seen anyway with the exception of Faith. So I think they are going to write something in where Victoria gets custody.

• Members

I miss J.T., but I am not thrilled about him making an appearance. I don't want to hear about his dreary life with boring Mac.

I can't see Victoria getting permanent custody of Reed. If only, because her marriage to Billy will spiraling soon enough. I think Reed living with Victoria for awhile as a plot point.

• Members

Lol I'm not a die hard fan of them but I grew to like them just because of the whole "opposite sides of the world" dynamic the two of them had. I found it believable that straight laced Princess Victoria would defy her father to be with down to earth rebellious JT.

And of course the relationship between JT and Victor was an interesting one IMO. I do hope they don't kill JT off.

Archived