Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't see any similarities. Alden told plenty of exciting stories in her reign and she has been, so far, the only one who managed to even come close to Bell's vision of the show.

• Members

I think the problem with Y&R is that lacks believable compelling character conflict, has too many bad couples, and the stories are poorly plotted. JG might love Y&R's history, but he certainly does not write it. On what planet does Jack walk away from Newman because it will make him happier? GMAFB. Jack should have been "only when they pry it out of my cold dead hands" to which Victor would have responded, "what ever it takes." Jack and Victor should be going at each other like rabid dogs. Adam has always out of league as Victor's business rival. If they have to incorporate the younger generation in the business rivalry, it should be Adam vs. Billy or Kyle.

The conflict for Nick and Avery should be Sharon, not air hog Dylan. There is so much to drawn on from Nick and Sharon's history. This story would have had fans worked up and choosing sides. JG did a good job breaking down Lauren and Michael's marriage to set up her affair, why did he not do the same with Lily and Cane? Cane's lies should come to back to haunt them causing Lily to rethink her decision to forgive and take him as she works closely with beautiful Tyler. There was no need for Tyler to be hitting on her first. I don't even understand the point of breaking up Adam and Chelsea if he was not going to jump into bed with Sharon. And why is Chelsea pregnant AGAIN? Instead, I would have Chelsea rethinking her decision to give up custody of Johnny after Billy and/or Victoria does something inadvertently that jeopardizes his safty and getting into conflict with Victoria and Billy, maybe even a custody battle. Kevin and Chloe's relationship just needs to be squashed like a bug.

Btw, I think other than the failed Dylan and Adriana, I think that the new characters have all been good additions.

• Members

Steve Burton should have been brought as a different character with other Genoa City connections. I don't mind Avery, but she feels like a Sharon/Cricket recast.

SB should be a man from Sharon's past. Perhaps Cassie's father.

He could be Brooks Prentiss, Keemo Abbott, Chuckie Foster or Nate Hastings. But not Cal Winters 2.0 and expect this character to work.

• Members

What a difference a day makes! An episode without the Unholy Heptagon (Jack-Phyllis-Nick-Avery-Dylan-Chelsea-Adam-Sharon). Seriously, I was about ready to up and quit Y&R on Tuesday. So I am watching Wednesday's right now and so far:

-Carmine has nuzzled Lauren's neck and Lauren is showing off her crazy-amazing legs,

-Neil is all up Lily's butt about Tyler,

-Leslie finally showing some passion (I think the actress is beautiful and fiery but Leslie herself is somewhat underwritten) and she's confronting Gus about 'Rose.' Yeah Gus. Who the hell is Rose?!

-Fen on the dark side, passed out on the sofa while heavy metal blares out from the stereo.

-Jill is ON FIYAH with her amazing Jill Hair and calling Cane an unworthy CEO! And Lily just agreed with her! OMG, I love Jill so damn much. And I love Jabot business drama.

-God bless you Jeanne Cooper, I love you, but I love to HATE Kay.

Eeeek! Michael on the phone with Lauren just heard carmine asking Lauren if she wanted champagne!

I can't believe I am actually somewhat invested and excited by this episode thus far.

Archived