Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's funny how people want to see Jill and other central characters in main stories, when in another thread, some posters are saying these characters already had their time. I would love to see more Jill; I don't mind her in a supporting role though. Everyone knows Jess has made a significant impact on Y&R and the character of Jill overall. I'm only watching bits and pieces of Y&R, it's not great, it's not perfect, but its damn watchable from the crap that I left before from.

As a side. I hate the Newman ranch too. As old as the Y&R sets were, it felt like "home." I miss it. I hope the Chancellor mansion stays till the end.

• Members

Browsing the TWOP forum for Y&R and it's basically a lot of talk about how JFP is going around demanding actors not speak out via Twitter and that she has a plan to get the show canceled, how MCE will be power-crazed and take over everything. SON seems like an oasis in comparison.

• Members

For all the criticism Jill Phelps gets, I happen to think she's falling into MAB's trap of not doing enough for the show. I mean the stories aren't atrocious and even downright good with the Lauren/Carmine stuff as well as Summer's infatuation with her brother Kyle...but I wish there was more of Phelps's signature "Kill someone or blow a building up this month" style...at least for a while. The show seems, not boring, but lazy and stagnant.

• Members

I think the show just needs more new people and less of the crutches. I still feel like getting rid of Adam would be a huge breath of fresh air, I feel like the character and actor have this cult mentality that hampers anything which actually happens with the character.

• Members

JFP is demanding actors not to speak out on twitter? Is that was they tweet whatever the hell they feel all the time?

The thing about stunts is they never work on Y&R. They shelled out like 2,000 extra dollars a few years for Clear Springs and it flopped. Ratings didnt increase at all.

The Newman 3 are stagnant as hell. They've been bringing down the show for some time now. I have no interest in Victoria, Adam, and Victor battling it out.

• Members

I'm in the fabulous Central time zone, so I get to see the tribute 30 minutes earlier than most of you, but I won't be able to watch the whole thing now. I will say this, though, Caren Bernsen looks exactly like her mother. It's a very fun show so far, though, and it's completely real and not scripted/rehearsed or anything.

• Members

Only $2K? It seems like they spent a lot more than that. And, yes, zero impact. I wish soaps would "get it" - simple is better. Y&R should take advantage of LA weather more and film outside - they are plenty of places that could pass for the Midwest - films and prime time do it all the time. Look at B&B - the mere use of outside shots, adds a huge touch to the production of the show. No special effects.

• Members

Michelle Stafford's story made me laugh so hard I cried.

Tricia Cast back in the house! I could so see Mrs. Copper make that shooting gesture.

I also loved the special opening with all of Jeanne's opening credit poses throughout the years.

• Members

ITA - But there are plenty of scenes - like people eating outdoors or conversations that take place at the Newman Ranch or Abbott home - how about by the pool - like Forrester's outdoor pool? Certainly that is doable in LA!!!

Archived