OLTL-Wednesday, May 1st 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Re watching Wednesday's show now. I'm loving Todd's bit with the coffee becoming a bit of a regular thing.

Todd and Viki was great. Especially Viki making fun of the Sun.

I wanted more from Viki and Victor.

• Members

Yeah, I'm ready for a break honestly. This has been so crazy. I'm going to rewatch both shows in a block over the weekend at some point.

I hope now that things are settling into place with exposition and plot we get more scenes of solid conversation like we've had in the last two days. In particular with Viki and her brothers, and Todd and Blair - he mostly listened as she talked today - and also Todd and Jack. Poor Jack isn't being given too many lines.

• Members

I thought Wednesday's episode was jarring and some characters were acting like they were meeting or hearing news all over again when they already would have had that happen on Tuesday. For example, Jeffrey was already at the hospital hanging around with Matthew on Tuesday, and saw Todd taking Dani in to the hospital, so he already would have asked who Todd was, I'm sure. Why was Viki acting like she was introducing Todd for the first time and Jeffrey hadn't been at the hospital? Also, Viki was acting like this was the first time she laid eyes on Victor being alive when she had already seen him on Tuesday too, albeit maybe not talked to him.

The continuity felt all wrong.

As for Jeffrey, love him.

Liked Nora and Bo, and Nora and Matthew's, conversations -- they did feel real about a son wanting to get out from under his parents' concerned eyes.

As for Dorian, she doesn't feel super comical to me, but I think the way some people are commenting about her reminds me of the way I feel about overrated Elizabeth Hubbard/Lucinda's hammy approach. Dorian is nowhere near the hamminess, ad-libbing, and complete unbelievability of Elizabeth Hubbard/Lucinda for me, though I think no other ATWT fan agrees with me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm still having a tough time with the OTT-ness of Dorian's story, but the David/Blair and David/Sam scenes were actually entertaining and fun and had a good rhythm. I could do without the funny cursing in foreign languages.

The Matthew/Nora scene struck a good balance of the type of mother Nora would probably be, and what they never let her be in OLTL's last years, where the shrillness was amped up about ten thousand notches.

Still don't care about anything with the Todds, but Kelli Missal is doing a pretty good job.

Viki repeatedly busting Todd's chops about calling himself a "reporter" and generally having little time for his...everything - if their relationship had been more like this before, I would have been less put off by it. How nice to see Viki as the supportive sister/niece/what have you, but also with a life and career of her own. Why this was so difficult to write, I will never know.

Archived