DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Elements are--and, unlike Will's early coming out (IMHO) they do seem to now be touching on some issues that many otehr gay stories on soaps don't go to. As an associate HW (is that her title?) she actually could pitch story ideas (ironically that initial gay story for AMC was actually pitched by the associate HW at the time, H Corley and not Broderick apparently.)

• Members

Man Days is on fire at the moment. I just hope they can keep this up. I can not wait to see the Kristen/Marlena scenes. And I can see Nick's redemption coming. I actually feel bad for what he went through, and I am glad he is hopefully coming clean to Gabby about what he did to Will. Sonny and Will were cute. I can finally see the connection between them, though I have to agree Sonny's non reaction at seeing Will awake was a bit disappointing. I think even just a quick smile would have done the trick.

Either way I am loving this show. Except DH has to reform his acting. The faces alone are killing me. He is standing out like a sore thumb.

• Members

Wednesday's episode was great, but the only thing that bugged me was, after Nick told Maggie what happened to him, instead of asking/advising him to seek help to deal with the trauma, she tells him to go talk to Gabi to make things better...

...really?!!!

Blake and Eileen killed it, as usual.

• Members

Blake Berris did so much with not a whole lot of dialogue. I was unbelievably moved when he sat down by Will with the baby and introduced Will as the father. As he watched Will, Sonny and Sami fuss over the baby, he slipped quietly the room with tears in his eyes. I had tears too.

I hope Days submits these episodes for Best Daytime Drama at next year's Emmy's. They are deserving of the accolade, and I hope the Emmy's can overlook its disdain of Days of times past. Blake Berris should get a Best Supporting Actor or Younger Actor (I'm not sure how old he is) statuette. His performance this past year has been so naturalistic and nuanced.

Wasn't 100% convinced by Kristen's NOOOOOOoooooooooo! breakdown -- it wasn't as polished as her scene with John the day before. But I am riveted by her story. Now that Kristen has embraced opening her heart to somebody, she is being kicked in the gut. It's like she is a kid emotionally, having to learn the hard way to deal with loss and a broken heart. Can't wait for Kristen vs Marlena!

Also hope this goodwill for Days is reflected in the ratings!

• Members

Catching up on the last 7 episodes and these past two weeks have been fantastic! Tuesday's episode was especially good with those Kristen/Brady and Maggie/Nick scenes. If Blake or Eileen were to ever this show I seriously don't know what I would do. And the actress playing Gabi has improved so much, I loved the scenes of Sonny delivering the baby.

• Members

The Marlena-Kristen showdown was everything I hoped it would be - I got nervous because yesterday wasn't so good, but wow, gonna watch it again!

Nick and Gabbi broke my heart. And I wasn't expecting him to blurt it out straight-up about Jensen nor his wanting to leave her. Hardcore. Him wanting to breakup though is a zinger I never predicted - need to think about it...

2 words for John: Colonic. Irrigation. Seriously dude, the prunes aren't helping you!

• Administrator
I was so disappointed the reveal didn't happen at the wedding! What was the point of them planning a wedding, then having the photo exchanges hands, the teasing of the photo being exposed. Marlena should've interrupted the ceremony and Kristen gets busted in front of everyone. Come on! That's soap opera 101. They could've spent at least a week and a half on the wedding.

I think DAYS will submit Wednesday's episode too.I don't see anyone beating Blake next year. Blake was phenomenal in Wed's and Thu's episode. This is what I meant when I said that Blake was miles ahead of his group. There's no one in his league in that age group.

Ratings usually goes up when there's a wedding, especially a revelation at a wedding. That's why it's puzzling they chose to not to have a one. I mean, they did it for Gabi/Nick's wedding. Maybe they're only allowed to have one event a year with their small budget?

• Members

IA. Even (or perhaps because it is) working within harsh budget limits and guarantees, it has chosen to embrace character based drama again. The characters have always been Days' jewel in its crown -- not the CGI or supernatural or even a few supercouples. It is all I ever wanted, for Days to show its true potential. Long may it continue in this vein!

• Members

the budget cuts dont bother me, it is what it is and the show has done what its had to do to make it work. Would the Kristen reveal be more delicious at a lavish wedding? Of course, but it doesnt take away from the drama and impact that its not. I thought the recent kidnappings and stuff with gabi/will/nick/sonny were very well done, and could rival anything on a soap with more of a budget.

it is very character based drama right now, and not everything is 100% on point (as someone mentioned, why didnt maggie comfort/advise Nick?), but its 95% and thats awesome. My only fear is ive seen this happen before and then seen it crash and burn to some of the lowest points in the shows history, so we will see if they can keep it up. The one-two punch of the Will and Kristen storylines has been wonderful, but they climaxed one after the other and while the falloput will be good, i do fear for whats next.

• Members

Yeah, in the back of my mind, l am always aware that Days can turn on a switch. I am spoiler free so don't know what is coming up -- perhaps you have reason to worry?

BTW not to bring up Dannifer but I hope we see Anne again. I miss her dry bitchiness.

Just wanted to mention I really enjoy Hope at the moment. The problems with Ciara etc. Bo leaving has actually opened up possibilities for Hope, a lot.

• Members

No, i went basically spoiler free on days. I only hear things here and there sometimes when out with some friends who are there or read a tweet or something, im just going on its history.

I loved Dan/Jen the first go around, the issue with 2.0 is the were on daily in a horrible story. I loved Anne and hope to keep seeing her.

Hope.. no comment. lol.

Archived