DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn, that scene of Rafe being beaten up was unexpectedly brutal. So, did Nick really do it? I'm wondering if Days might do a bait-and-switch with this assault story. Even though it prob is Nick because he had motive, opportunity and... THE MUFFINS.

God, I love Lauren Koslow/Kate so damn much. And I loved the double cliffhanger on Monday. Days has been really solid lately. It is my fave soap right now.

• Members

I really wish I could love Dool again. It's not so much that I hate the way Tomsell writes, but I truly HATE the direction of nearly every story on the show especially that EJ/Sami mess.wacko.png The only think I'm remotely interested in is Eric/Nicole and they'll probably screw that up also. sad.png

• Members

I've been super invested in everything lately. And now that Chloe is gone, Daniel/Jen are slightly less irritating playing a part in the Brady/Kristen story. I'm also really enjoying JJ's appearance in town and the slow reveal of whatever happened in London.

Rafe's attack was brutal and Days def went farther than I expected, which is great. And I love how it's brought Kate's affair with him out in the open. I don't think it's Nick, though. Rafe's attack probably has to do with that envelope that Ciara hid from Hope. Someone else just released from prison? Someone connected to Vargas and Nick?

• Members

God, Lauren Koslow as Kate is really fantastic. Her scenes at the DiMera mansion and with Gabi were so raw and layered. She brings out the best in the writing, too. The show is back to firing on all -- well, most -- cylinders. It really feels like there is a bigger picture plan at play, not just the "What do we do with so-and-so couple?" that has plagued Days on and off for years. This baby story is drawing in so many damn people, and very little of it is "Who is going to wind up with whom?" drama. Can Kayla be more than a glorified extra, though?

• Members

Haven't seen Tuesday yet, but Monday was another sterling episode.

Nice, psychological scene between Sami and Stefano. I love the mystery of the show making us think EJ might have gotten Rafe attacked to set up Nick ... Or that Nick really did it, thus the muffins ... Also good character scene with Abe/Kayla. Great integration right away of JJ with his cousins Will, Sonny, and Hope. Glad JJ is supportive of Will and Sonny. I wonder what he's hiding about his expulsion. He seems like a good, decent person still so I don't think he could have just out and out been a drug dealer. Nice for Abigail to be so understanding that Cameron's job as a doctor comes first -- I wonder what is going to come between them next though at this point.

Aaaand, last but not least, Kate confronted Stefano, and she didn't hide her concern at the hospital. The secret about her and Rafe is out! Look forward to the fallout.

• Members

Stefano's reaction to Kate's news was wonderful. Joe Mascolo didn't even have to speak.

I want Kayla to be more than just a doctor. I wish we saw her with Joey and dealing with a marriage that she wanted so hard to work again and it just didn't. Recurring or not they missed the boat to give MBE and Kayla some good material, IMHO.

I'm just glad I actually give a damn about Rafe now. Had this happened like 2 years ago, I would have been rooting for him not to make it.

Lauren Koslow is just fantastic. She delivers each and every time no matter what they give her. Kate has done horrid things over the years but Koslow just makes Kate so compelling to watch.

Freddie Smith has been looking really good lately. I like Will shows remourse and cares about everyone but damn he is just so mopey. I love how Sonny just beams around Will even when he's all depressed and whiney. I do buy Will still has a lot of self doubt but at the same time I feel like we hear Will say this (what did I ever do to deserve you? when i'm so pathetic and weak) all of the time though. I wish we'd see them a little bit more together. I like them but I still feel like there's just something lacking. I feel like if someone got a hang nail Will would find a way to blame himself and feel guilty LOL

I much prefer Dannifer in supporting roles. I don't hate them nearly as much. I like the tension with JJ and can't wait to see it develop more. I like the actor as JJ. Color me surprised they had him interact with his cousins. This show desperately needs to continue on the path they are right now.

Kudos as always to our scriptwriters.

• Members

Oh and can I just roll my eyes a bit at Sami's little monologue with Rafe with EJ all comforting? I also have to laugh everytime EJ acts like a gossipy teenager around Sami. He always wants the dirt and relishes in the drama. I love it. Scott plays it well.

• Members

Monday and Tuesday were great! The show has definitely notched up the storytelling stakes for sweeps. Did Janet Iacobuzio really write tuesday? It's a much stronger script than her standard fare.

Kate was amazing - she makes you feel her pain. Stefano's glares and glances told the whole story - he didn't even have to speak.

The only dark cloud on the horizon for me is Sami's reaction to Rafe being injured. I fully understand a part of her will always care for him, but her reaction well went beyond that. One of the best things Tomsell ever did was end the triangle from hell, please don't even hint at it's resurrection!

Abby and Chad were cute, but I can't get invested because Casey's contract is up in September and guest stints on Glee and Revolution pretty much mean he has a shot at prime time and he will (rightly so) go for it.

• Members

JqJDNgh.jpg?1?6296

Are you kidding me? Its been what a month now and this little bitch STILL is trooping around with that picture? She is 7 years old...what is so mesmerizing about that? Most kids would have moved on by now. She even drew pretty pictures and colored over the envelope...lol

1Z1n5Lj.jpg?1

Well Johnny's now curious and he will found out what its all about if its the last thing he does! Speaking of which Im glad these two FINALLY interacted. I don't think Ive ever seen Sami's kids with Ciara which is odd bc they are cousins and about the same age. Speaking of which, Im really enjoying that Sami is also now interacting with aunt Hope as moments like this in the past were very few and far between but they've had a lot of one on one scenes lately. Obviously their connection is Bo so its interesting to see this relationship maintained or rather picked up in spite of him being absent.

It was weird seeing Caroline so civil with Nicole to the point where she can just sit down and have a normal convo with her without at least throwing some shade her way. Guess she totally buys Nicole's redemption and trusts Eric's judgement in her work at the church. I laughed when she told Nicole that Sami was stupid...lol

tumblr_mmzhpjxKGd1r9c8mno1_500.gif

Seriously, I cant believe they are trying to make EJ a viable suspect. He had no motive. He hates Rafe? He hasn't actively hated Rafe in a while and I would say these days Rafe is pretty irrelevant to him. He has Sami and doesn't really think of him much. For him to now all of a sudden try and kill him makes little sense

Gabi's a bitch. She looked so awful and hateful at the station accusing EJ and the stuff she said about Sami climbing into bed with him for his money and power were disgusting. If she weren't pregnant, Id be all for Sami slapping her

Deidre Hall is like the worst slapper on this show. I hate how she takes these dramatic pauses and then winds her hand all the way back before slapping. I guess it can be seen as rather comical but she takes so long that any normal person can block it or move out of the way in time

John is such a bitch. To still be so bitter and cruel towards Marlena bc she didn't tell him about Kristen and Brady MONTHS after the fat just makes him look awful. As a matter of fact I think John and Marlena are the worst thing about the Brady/Kristen story. Im over their fighting and don't think they particularly add a whole lot to it. Brady loves Kristen. Kristen loves Brady and Im loving them. I think they are strong enough now as a couple to not need the 90s nostalgia to hold this story up. They can transition it away from a John/Marlena revenge plot and focus on the trials and tribulations of Kristen and her relationship with Brady as she tries to hold onto him despite the awful things she has done.

• Members

I don't see what the problem is. If you were a cop, wouldn't you put a Dimera with a personal acrimonious history with the victim at the top of your list? Especially since EJ had set up a meeting with Rafe at the Brady pub at the time of the incident. The cops don't have the benefit of knowing what the audience knows, and it makes total sense to suspect EJ. And although it is irrelevant, EJ and Rafe have had run-ins over the last week - in the HTS. Ej also heard Johnny mention he misses living with Rafe, and we know how EJ reacts when he is threatened or jealous. Just because the cops are wrong, doesn't make it unbelievable in this case.

tumblr_mmyvkjvA6U1rxy0aqo1_250.giftumblr_mmyvkjvA6U1rxy0aqo2_250.gif

I don't know, I was expecting anger, not sarcasm. Maybe because Lucas is always angry. Maybe they are trying to rehabilitate the character (even if he is on recurring now)?

I can't believe in 30+ years of acting, Eileen Davidson has only been nominated twice for an Emmy - once at DAYS, once at Y&R. It's an indictment on the phony awards game Emmys because she truly is a acting goddess. I'm really trying my hardest to stay spoiler free and it is killing me to know if she will go through with the plan to shag John. I love that I have no idea which way she will flip - so exciting! so soapy!

Archived