AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

It feels slow, but that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the fact that I'm not sure how compelling the stories will be. I like most of the characters, but there isn't a storyline really grabbing me so far. Marlene McPherson's problem was always in pacing and executing her stories. I'm hoping that doesn't happen here.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL. I absolutely love how that mountain bore Caleb was dissed. I think It's safe to say we will never see that failure of a character again. Hopefully the same goes for his son...

Knew you'd mention the housewives line laugh.png

I loved the Erica mention.

The Bianca/Miranda scenes were the best part of the episode for me. I like Miranda's rebelliousness towards her. Their conversation and the dynamic between them was interesting. I'm looking forward to more.

I'd love a Fusion update!

I have a feeling things will get better as the weeks progress. AMC was first up in production and from Ginger Smith's comments, it was pretty much a rushed job in terms of sets, calling actors, finding writers, etc. We definitely haven't seen the best they can offer yet. I'm also thinking back to Thorsten Kaye's comment about wanting the fans to bear with them as they adjust or something like that.

• Members

Yeah the second episode did feel a bit 'meh' for me as well. I like all the characters, I just hope we find something for all of them to do. I like the realism of sitting and chatting on couches and in coffee shops but if that's all they do, it becomes dull oh so fast. I'm wondering if the missing characters from recent years are leaving a bigger void than we realized.

I appreciate that Ruth is still in the picture and that she's visiting Jake and Amanda. I just wish we knew where they lived, along with the missing Hubbards, Ryan and Greenlee, Scott and Madison, etc. And even Zach, we don't know where he is, just that he's not in Pine Valley. I like when TV shows incorporate actual locations and the only one we've gotten so far is that Maya and Lucy are in Portland...and we don't even know which Portland. :lol:

• Members

I loved the Miranda/Bianca scenes and I'm really liking Jane so far. To me, Celia is reminiscent of Nina when she first came on.

I'm thinking Celia's guardian

I was disappointed that we didn't get a preview for the next episode!

I loved Joe/Angie and I laughed when Opal mentioned the mess Caleb left behind.

I wanted to see more of Dixie & AJ. I think it's clear she's sobbing over JR at this point, but I have to wonder what else has she been doing for the past 5 years?

Overall, I thought it was a solid episode, but that may be because I wasn't expecting intense drama right out of the gate. I will be in a couple of weeks, though, after they've established the newbies more.

• Members

Yes! I thought of Nina too when watching Celia. I was thinking to myself how kind of ironic that Palmer's son would fall for a girl who was much like Nina (sheltered beyond belief with, let's face it, a very controlling and possessive father/father figure) and likely go through a huge struggle to be together. I love it.

• Members

For intense drama, we need David, and he won't be on until tomorrow! AJ's tone IMO was Dix visited the hospital and cemetery regularly, and she barely knew Marissa before she (Marissa) died, so IMO she's not visiting her. That tidbit, Dix's breakdown with Brooke, and Joe telling Angie about Ruth's "tragic, difficult time" keeps reinforcing to me that Tad is dead. IA Celia's mega-rich guardian is the menacing man in the mirror.

• Members

Aww, I loved it! It was great seeing Bianca and Dr. Joe... I guess even Zach :P Loved the Erica mention!

I realllllly love the actress playing Miranda. There is something about her that is very intriguing, and sometimes I see Bianca in her (the mannerisms).

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

• Members

I'm thinking Tad wasn't killed but was injured in the shooting & Marissa died. Which made him leave for treatment( maybe he's paralyzed) and Krystal went with him.

Thought the Bianca/Miranda scene was great & loved they mentioned Miranda center

oh and I think Dixie is visiting Marissa's grave as she feels guilty for what JR did.

• Members

I could see Dixie's behavior possibly causing her and Tad to start disconnecting and their relationship falling apart. It happens.

I think JR's in the coma. David pretty much took the fall for Marissa's death because of his prints on the gun. Tad's out of town. I'm pretty sure some version of that is what it will be but who knows? That's just my spec.

• Members

How would David's prints be all over the gun when JR was drunkenly aiming it with no gloves? He had just gotten out of jail and was heading out of town. It wouldn't make sense for him to go back just to sulk around in the tunnels and shoot someone. I don't think him going to jail was bc he was blamed for what happened that night. I think he did something afterwards

Dixie is acting way too off to simply be upset bc she and Tad broke up. I think he may be dead.

• Members

Marissa is either dead or in a coma, but I think it had to be that JR shot Marissa and David then tried to shoot JR but ended up shooting Tad.

Also, even though they didn't talk to each other, it is official I now ship Bianca and Jane. It needs to happen :P I am calling them Jinx. Make it so show, make it so!

Archived