AMC: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not too fussed to find out straight away where all the missing characters are. I trust we will find out in time--but I know it seems to drive many people crazy. On the Broadway forum's discussion of the two premiers (which were generally well received) there is still a lot of "But when will we find out where [so and so] is?!?!" Still, the exposition about it being five years later was already kinda (unavoidably) clunky, we don't need a ton of similar chat about missing characters who have nothing to do with the current stories.

• Members

It wasn't really an issue of action for me as much as it was just that idea of connection. AMC had more heavy lifting to do with establishing the characters and where they are and who they are and why they are, so I give my favorite soap a pass on not running on all cylinders from the beginning. It was much like the premiere of a primetime show in that regard. But I'm hoping for more friendships and inter-storyline relationships. Have AJ be delighted to see his cool, bad ass cousin Pete come back to town, have Pete give him some advice on his Miranda feels while being cheeky about the new chick in town he met on the street. Have Angie and Brooke go to brunch or something together so that they can discuss their stories. Bianca/Griffin, Dixie/Opal, etc.

I will say that they need to fill in some age group holes. I'm sure someone may have suggested this months ago, and I probably invited them to have a seat, but now that the show is here, I can see it more clearly. We need a few more established 30somethings to round out the generations. Frankie, Scott, and Madison would be perfect, because then we have Frankie for the Cassandra storyline and also Scott and Madison for the various Chandler happenings. Jamie would not be a bad choice, either. As it stands, we have teens in AJ and Miranda (and their recurring friends/foes), 20somethings in Pete, Cassandra, Celia (even though she's probably 20 at the oldest), and Colby (whenever she appears), 30somethings are JR, Bianca, Cara, Griffin, and presumably Jane -- two characters who are still newish and one who is completely new. Dixie, David, and Zach are probably the only 40somethings (though, thanks to SORAS, Dixie should be theoretically 50something), and the rest fall appropriately in their 50s, 60s, 70s, or 80s (lookin' at you, Dr. Joe!).

• Members

*Miranda/Bianca scenes gave me chills...so much Erica/Mona parallel goodness...

*Hunter is such a sleazebag.

*JANE. I already love her.

*That deep Evelyn/Celia scene with Celia talking about her dreams and her wish to be with a man. Reminiscent almost of a William Bell production circa mid-70's.

Archived