OLTL-Tuesday, April 30th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Victor and Jack can have each other, they're both losers, Todd can have spidey Sam

nice to see AT still can't act lol

She is s sh*tty parent, first with Dani when she shipped her off to boarding school and basically forgot about her, and now she's too caught up in her own pain and grief to even give Dani attention

• Members

Sending one's child to boarding school does not make a person a sh-tty parent. She's fortunate she could afford top of the line education for her. I don't fault her for that. She was portrayed as a great mother to her when we saw them interact in the final year of OLTL. Tea is still grieving bc of what Todd did to her. Also cant fault her for still being affected that her baby was dead and the child she had was ripped from her. She's tried the best she can to stand strong and hold it together, even as she thought her husband was also dead. She dealt with quite a lot the past 2 years, most of that bc of Todd.

He really has little room to speak on the qualities of being a parent bc he is a deadbeat and has had NO contact with Dani since he left town. Who ignored and forgot about her? Even on GH, he NEVER mentioned her until she started calling a couple of weeks ago. Seriously, when he talked about his kids, he only ever referenced Jack and Starr as if Dani didn't exist in his world. He does need to STFU, bc Tea has been here alone being a single parent all by herself. Instead of switching babies and chasing after Carly, he should have tried to make peace with his children and be a damn parent but he took the easy road out and said deuces to them bc he couldnt handle their disappointment and hurt at the fact that he was an absolute failure when it came to doing right by them

• Members

I don't really care that they didn't dwell on that. That's was RC's doing. Seems like they are trying to move on from that. Thank God!

As far as the cursing is concerned, I'm trying to figure out why some folks act like they don't hear that in every day life. I know I probably say the F-bomb more than once a day.

Laura Harrier, it's way too quick to judge her. As some pointed out, she didn't really say that much.

• Members

I could only take a few minutes of 2.0 so I don't think I will be tuning back in until some interesting characters show up. So far, there is none! AMC gets one more chance.

As for AT, he tweeted a few weeks ago that he failed his final in acting class... No one is surprised by that, but he may need to reconsider his future goals.

• Members

1. The reason why I'd put up with Destiny (in spite of her being written and acting like Mammy Epiphany, Jr.) was because she looked like the product of 2 Black parents. I wasn't thrilled to hear that the casting director went post-racial with the recast and this confirms why.

2. As for my Todd, I was under the impression that RH would be recurring here while fulfilling his contract over at the wasteland. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

• Members

I haven't really found the foul language intrusive. But not everyone talks that way. It's funny. I swear on the boards and of course it gets edited out, but I don't talk that way in my day to day life. And if I hear people out in public talking like that, I do find it very offensive. But on a show? Not so much. Don't know why I have different standards for myself and others depending on the context, but I definitely do.

• Members

On Laura Harrier I thought the confrontation scenes were rough. Once again she overdid it. She was trying to sell anger. She needs to get a better handle on it because Destiny herself is quick tempered.

In contrast I thought she did well with the quieter scenes with Matt. We got to see another side to their relationship and how co.plicated their dynamic is. Based on yesterday's scenes you would think Destiny was some random ho he knocked up. Today we saw some remerants of the friendship. I also enjoyed the chemistry I saw between the actors.

Bottom line I feel like LH was miscast in the role. Its a personal preference but the height is a glaring issue for me. She towers over both guys. I can't imagine her kissing either of these guys, standing up anyway. Maybe I can get past it but right now it bugs.

I just feel they saw a tall gorgeous model and thought she would be a good enough Destiny. In contrast they made sure to get good actors for the roles of Matthew/Jeffrey.

I don't mind Destiny being skinny because it evens the playing field between her and Dani.

Archived