OLTL - Monday, April 29th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members
Has he? Matthew was always a prick, at least since he became a teenager. He was very disrespectful and yelled at his parents. He didn't seem all that enthusiastic when he learned Destiny was pregnant. The only thing different about him is that he's hotter. The characterization for him was spot on and in line with how he was portrayed on OLTL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ Yeah, now that i think about it you're right. I was thinking about how he acted when Drew was born and forgot about how much of a dick he was. I'm not suprised he doesn't give two shits about Drew.

^ Yeah, now that i think about it you're right. I was thinking about how he acted when Drew was born and forgot about how much of a dick he was. I'm not suprised he doesn't give two shits about Drew.

• Members

Yeah, I loved how they had David throw out Roxy's name. Alex Olanov got a nice little shout out from him, too. Nice to see them mentioned. I'm sure we'll see both of them at some point.

I can't believe I might even watch again.

It's so weird seeing such positive postings for soaps again. It's really nice to see GOOD material again.

• Members

Yup he's a jerk. I did laugh at the smirk he gave when he called Destiny his baby mama. He seemed a bit proud of that.

He doesn't give a flying !@#$%^&*] that kid yet still feels the need to judge Destiny for not being at home. Things should get real interesting if Jeffrey takes an interest in Destiny/Drew. Who wants to bet Matthew will be all up in their business.

• Members

Loved, loved, LOVED OLTL's return to the web. This was like a grownup version of Cartini's OLTL, but ever so slightly darker in tone. Some of the dialog was a little after school special (like Bo finding Matthew's drugs), but the whole mystery unravelling with Todd's return and the other Todd popping up at the end of the episode...didn't see that coming AT ALL.

Bo and Nora's house set is just, basic ass budget. Especially considering their old home set in the Buchanan Mansion looked so spacious and elegant. It looked like they were living in a teeny loft, has that always been the case?

I found David to be a little too hammy for my liking. Would much rather they got back to parading Tuc Watkins around in next to nothing...

The younger set were A LOT more interesting than their AMC counterparts. Blair and Tea's friendship seemed real and I liked how they portrayed how alone Natalie was feeling. Cutter and Rama were nice and it all in all felt a lot more fast paced and "community"-esque than AMC.

But the opening, ugh. The Cosby Show comparisons were spot on, but that isn't a good thing. I just don't like this, or the theme tune. I wish PP would invest in better opening credits for the series'. Surely nobody can think AMC and OLTL's new openings look good???

• Members

Presumably, Renee is still living in Asa's mansion, isn't she? Though, I would have thought that Nigel would have stayed on with Renee rather than moving to Llanfair with Clint. I doubt we will ever see the Buchanan manse again.

Archived