AMC - Monday, April 29, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BTW, I do wish we had gotten an Erica mention - even if it was cryptic, not specifying what became of her. Maybe at least showing a photo of Erica; Opal could have looked at, with a face like she misses her best friend (wherever she is). I'm sure Susan Lucci would have been cool w/ that. Would they need her permission to show photos?

• Members

Alright.

Well, in that case, I think Opal should have looked at this photo:

Scene: Cortlandt Manor parlor.

Opal walks over to a desk drawer and pulls out a photo of Erica Kane

092909slucciamc445x668.jpg

OPAL: "Oh, gal pal. I miss ya so much.''

Suddenly Pete, Opal's son, enters and Opal puts away the photo and excitingly greets him.

• Members

I don't like the opening (the visuals, I like the music) at all (but still better than OLTL's... yikes!). Incredibly cheap looking. It reminded me of the awful graphics when Hayley did her documentary on Pine Valley being the best town in America or whatever it was.

Why is Evelyn smiling all warmly when that doesn't seem to be her character? "Dr. Joe"? Assuming Zach & Lea and Pete & Celia will be popular?

I find it strange how PP seems to have gone to great effort with everything else but let the openings for both shows turn out they way they did.

Anyways...

I absolutely LOVE AJ/Eric Nelsen & Miranda/Denyse Tontz.

So far having Chris Goutman on the team has been a plus. Good location stuff.

I have a really bad feeling the Cassandra story is not going to be engaging in the least.

• Members

I watched this properly and it had a real "pilot-y" feel to me. The introduction of Pete as the new leading man and the AJ/Miranda weird sibling-y friendship thing definitely signals a move in a younger direction. There was a few things that reminded me of the opening episodes of Sunset Beach, just the kind of everyone being vague about what they're talking about to drum up some mystery, but lacking in smart dialogue and proper suspense building.

I still can't get over the crappy opening credits if I'm being honest. I'd really like to know why Griffin and Bianca weren't included in the opening, especially Bianca who would would think is going to be central to this reboot. I also hate how it says for the coupled shots "JR and Dixie", "David and Cara" etc instead of just having two different floating names, the "and"s just make it look really amateurish.

There are some pacing issues that make it hard to follow. In the time Brooke and Adam have been sitting on that sofa, Pete has arrived in town, argued with Opal and met Celia for the first time. The production values are a little cheap, they remind me of MTV's Spyder Games and the exterior shots look very GL in Peapack. It's also very jarring that Opal's house is also Dorian's house with different coloured walls and furniture.

One thing I will say is that this just didn't hold my attention the way OLTL did. The Cassandra storyline is the only thing that's really got my attention, everything else just seems a little blah and beige right now.

Archived