AMC - Monday, April 29, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

There's no need to put spoiler tags if you're discussing something that has aired. It's only common sense that if you haven't watched the episode yet, you don't come into the thread. Spoiler tags should only be used if it's about something that hasn't aired yet. (I'll post this in the OLTL thread too).

• Members
thanks for clarifying bc that's how it works for every other soap. I don't get to watch live so when I come home from work, I stay out of the discussion threads until Ive viewed my recordings. It should be the same for these. Spoiler tags would have made more sense in a weekly thread but since these are daily, it should be easy to stay out of discussion for material you have yet to see

Yay this means I can post screencaps and gifs!

• Members

I've said it before, but I just can't seriously put anyone's failure at DOOL wholly on them when Ken Corday is in the mix - particularly writers with no real record as HW, or in other writers' cases, a half-decent one prior to coming to the show. I think DOOL, Corday and Sony have a lot to do with what happened there. But I thought from her start over there that she was a good fit for AMC.

I do think it's right that they move slowly with AMC and gradually re-introduce a whole new canvas. I think the different paces and focuses for each show is a healthy thing.

If you say so. Any time I try to watch it I feel the creeping ennui of merciless eternity bearing down on me. They did hire a few decent OLTL scriptwriters, and you can tell their work when you hear it - or I can, anyway - but the stories still suck as far as I'm concerned, and I watched enough OLTL in the last few years to know there's only so much talented scripters can do with shitty stories.

• Members

If they weren't replacing half the cast and introducing so many of their own new characters, they wouldn't have to take that much time establishing everyone. I disagree that AMC needs its identity reestablished. When it went off air, it was still AMC. Yes, Adam had been gone for awhile, but AMC still had the Martins (Joe/Ruth were even still visiting after the move to LA), the Kanes, Opal, the Chandlers, and the Hubbards.

I think with this being an experimental venture, the show needs to hit the ground running and have good cliffhangers to keep people tuning in ... From what I've seen in the trailers, it looks like some stuff does start happening pretty fast though, so I'm not that worried yet.

I agree with LeClerc about being a little concerned that the Uri/Vlad story might be cartoonish.

• Members

No, it wasn't AMC in name only. As Ericmontreal eloquently put it the other day and Jfung did above, Pine Valley still had its main families and reestablished the feel of a community when Lorraine Broderick first returned after Pratt and kept that through the final episodes.

Archived