Is OLTL going to be a youth soap and AMC a more traditional soap?

• Members

Thank you. It could be a peronal reason or Maybe Susie who hasnt written a soap in 20 years, saw that it was too much work given the shooting schedule. However to jump to the vets are being backburned is just an easy excuse

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure one will be more youth oriented over the other, but I would love for OLTL to return to it's original roots of showcasing different socioeconomic, religious, and racial backgrounds. We should be seeing more gay, hispanic, black, asian.. even put more focus on Nora's jewish background.. and maybe focus if Matthew celebrates any jewish holidays and if his son will practice.. or if Destiny wants to focus on her religious backgound (if she is religious, that is).

I viewed All My Children in the vein of 'takes a village to raise a child'.. where the town of Pine Valley was as much of a character as the characters themselves. Maybe they can view how everyone comes together, or apart with JR.. etc.

• Members

I agree with Soaplovers, EricMontreal22 and others. the shows appear to be going back to their roots. Maybe that's Nixon's influence--OLTL more of an edgy, urban feel and AMC more of a family, young adult vibe. I guess we'll all see in coming weeks.

• Members

Ooh, those sound like great ideas!

The Horgan rumor sounds believable but it's just a rumor ... We'll know in a few months after her name isn't in the credits whether there's anything to it. Knowing who has been featured in the shooting so far doesn't tell us much because she was still writing for the material they've been shooting. It's the next 5-week block that will say more.

• Members

It's not believable to me. Primarily because she and Racina, who are very close, have always been simpatico on those things and practically finish each other's sentences on these subjects in their many joint interviews, and also because TOLN has gone to great, great pains to highlight the vets, and their presence and story, throughout this process. I think if Horgan had walked over micromanagement, Racina would've done the same. Up until now, I believe they've been a writing team for a number of years.

• Members

It might have been a matter of him agreeing with her but feeling like he could do more within the system. She might also have agreed with his staying on to keep fighting the good fight, as it were.

But anyway, this is all speculation at this time.

Archived