Y&R: Jeanne Cooper is very ill.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, this is very sad, but we should be happy for Jeanne and want peace for her. She has had a wonderful life and has been surrounded by love, is in her 85th year on this earth and has a faith in the next life that is unwavering. This is a point where her quality of life will be beneath her. She's ready and we should all be too.

• Members

I pray that Jeanne finds the peace she so deserves right now -- whether it be in this life or the next.

If it is the latter, I will be very sad but (and I hope this doesn't sound callous) I hope that this was because Jeanne didn't want to lead a diminished life, so God took her while she was so young in spirit, before it could get any worse.

If it is the former, I look forward to seeing her on screen again!

Thank you for being a consistent, compelling and joyous presence in my daily life for so long, Miss Cooper.

• Members

Oh Jeanne. . . . I pray that she whatever best happens, happens. If God intends on bringing her home to Heaven, then I know she's in a good place, no longer suffering. If she's meant to be here with us, I don't want her to suffer and to be healthy. Ugh. . . . how I love this woman! She is the heart and soul of Y&R! Jeanne, my prayers are with you my love!

IF the worst happens, Josh Griffith and Jill Phelphs better write this woman the BEST send-off ever to occur in soaps. Not joking.

• Members

I totally agree. She has had a wonderful, interesting, full life. And I wish the best for her. considering what kinf of things I've seen in my own family, and the kinds of things we have seen with people like Annette Funicello, a peaceful, relatievely quick release is what she needs right now. One thing she does know is that millions love her and she'll always be remembered.

Archived