• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Jeanne is back in the hospital
Status Update
By Corbin Bernsen
Purgatory. Best way I can describe an indescribable day. Waiting... with swings toward the Peace of Heaven and the Fires of Hell and everything in between. And choices. Choices I never wanted to be faced with. Highs and Lows. At one point mom "left the building" - yes, she was gone, only to come back through the front door, kicking and screaming. A Doctor remarked, "I've been in this situation a thousand times before and have NEVER seen this!" The fighter is out of her corner, amazing us all. Okay, enough with descriptive BS... Long story short, rough, rough day. She's back to square one. I don't want to disclose at this point the specific "illness" though I'm sure many of you are curious. But I don't want a thousand comments about that. Not at this point. In time I will share it all. Just know that she is back in critical condition and needs your continued prayers. As for me. Honestly, I'm a bit lost, in this place - this purgatory - of truly being unsure where we are headed or what is best for her. I also toil with my choices and wonder if they are for me, for all of us... or truly for her. I'm in a haze of uncertainty about that and will be reflecting on it this evening, praying for guidance. In my heart, I see future, I see a fight and though I don't know the quality of that future I can't deny the sanctity of life. A tremendous battle raging inside. I wish I could have better news, or simply be more clear, but these words are a reflection of my state of mind. God Bless you all for your kindness here.

• Members

So it is a long-standing illness, :(

CB's post is very thoughtful and moving. I had a parent who was fighting a serious illness a few years ago, this tumult of feelings and uncertainty is very familiar.

My prayers and thoughts are with Jeanne.

• Members

Wow! I don't envy CB at all. Sounds like he might have to make the decision of discontinuing life support if it comes to that. My heart goes out to him and everyone. And I truly hope Jeanne is not suffering in any way.

This is awful and CB's words are absolutely heartbreaking. Sounds like he is in agony.

• Members

A very tough situation, especially now that Jeanne has had a moment where she "left the building" as Corbin put it, ultimately there comes a time for everyone where quality vs quantity of life comes into the frame and this might be where Jeanne's family is at.

When I saw a picture of her returning home with oxygen on I knew, instinctively, that all was not well.

What I wish for Jeanne is peace and the quality of life that she should enjoy, otherwise, I wish her a merciful release.

• Members

I'm going through it right now. I was particularly moved by his post that Jess Walton shared on her page.

Yup. When I saw that picture, I knew the end was near and that she wouldn't be back at Y&R ever again. It's sad to write her off in this way, but it seems much the same as it was when my grandmother passed 2 years ago- we're just waiting to hear the final news. Sad. :(

Archived