Y&R: Jeanne Cooper is very ill.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, dear. I was afraid of this.

IMO if Cooper goes - and I very much hope she doesn't - you can start calling the whole thing off. The last original axis of Y&R will be gone and Victor, etc. can't sustain it on their own, not with the writing being what it is and has been now for many years. It will be a matter of time, but it will happen.

• Members

My father is not at death's door but is now constantly referencing his mortality, having hit his 70s. Appropriately, he uses it to finagle us into doing whatever he wants when he visits. I keep wanting to remind him his father lived to 99 with all his faculties intact, but really I can't do anything but not even deal with it.

• Members

This broke my heart. Jeanne Cooper for anybody that considering themselves a true Y&R fan is an absolute goddess. Both on screen and off she is so larger than life and so sharp. Jill and Katherine were a huge part in making me a Y&R fan at such a young age. Before I knew what Y&R was I could recognize their faces (along with Dru, Neil and Malcolm). I will keep her in my prayers.

• Members

This is awful news but I hope she is getting the best care at hospital and will be out soon raring to go?!

The other option... doesn't bear thinking about. I may have not always loved Granny Chancellor and the things she did to Jill but I will always love my fierce and fabulous Miss Jeanne Cooper!

Archived