GH: Interview with Ron about shocking return

• Members

I don't know how well this story will work as long as Tony and Genie are phoning it in and as long as the stakes are so very thin. People went on about the hotness of RKK the last time around and the story still sucked. I mostly end up wondering if Ron needed to fill GH's "sexy rapist" quota while Todd was offscreen.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's been true for years but every story they do is still praised as the ideal. I just wonder if people really wanted to go back to this Cassadine stuff. To me it's kind of pointless, because the original story was mostly about energy and charisma and goofy fun. Now years later you have two main actors who, IMO, look like they would rather be on a fast train to hell than be near each other or be playing these characters, and you have a lot of stale camp.

It seems like it's going to mostly turn into "isn't RKK hot!" But unless the entire story is about Stavros doing ab crunches, that's not going to be enough.

• Members

This.

She's quite endearing and exceptionally beautiful, but I've never thought she was a strong actress.

And despite not having watched GH year after year, I find all this Helena / Cassadine hullabaloo anti-climactic, like the stakes are supposed to be high, but it's falling flat. We know Luke & Laura will be fine. It's like when DAYS' Jack & Jennifer were hanging off cliffs every day (literally) when they were stuck on that damn Melaswen Island.

Archived