Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

GH: Interview with Ron about shocking return

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 alexisfan07

alexisfan07

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,179 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

http://www.tvguide.c...ne-1063846.aspx

#2 Gray Bunny

Gray Bunny

Me & The Slut of Springfield

• Members
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

They sure know how to keep a secret! I'll give 'em that.

#3 chicklitsandfantasies

chicklitsandfantasies

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

They sure know how to keep a secret! I'll give 'em that.

Not really DD predicted everyone who was coming back before they were announced

#4 Marco Dane

Marco Dane

Llanview's best PIMP!

• Members
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

http://www.tvguide.c...ne-1063846.aspx

They can find him but they couldn't find Denise Alexander?

#5 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Helena had the most anticlimactic death ever. Christ. That was really Wal-Mart of them.

#6 alexisfan07

alexisfan07

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,179 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Ron says Helena will be seen again but yeah, if that was her death scene, that was bad. I still don't get what Helena had to do with any of this is Stavros was the mastermind? She seemed shocked that Nik was shot too and count me in on being shocked that his father shot him.

#7 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, that made no sense. I thought Helena just took the boat. She said she had no idea Nikolas was shot or who would do it. She seemed to be totally uninvolved. Then the next day it was "you will never find Lulu!" WTF actually happened?

#8 alexisfan07

alexisfan07

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,179 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

LOL. I really hope Helena's role is explained. I think her reaction to Nik being shot was perhaps more shock that Stavros would shoot his own son, assuming he cared about Nik the same way she herself does. I'm not sure though.

#9 Dr Neil Curtis

Dr Neil Curtis

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Does he not know Alexis is family to Victor. Niece or Cousin or something.

#10 dawn9476

dawn9476

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

LOL. I really hope Helena's role is explained. I think her reaction to Nik being shot was perhaps more shock that Stavros would shoot his own son, assuming he cared about Nik the same way she herself does. I'm not sure though.

That is probably it. Helena was probably shocked that Stavros would go as far as shooting his own son to keep L&L from learning that he was alive before he was ready.

Edited by dawn9476, 10 April 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#11 alexisfan07

alexisfan07

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,179 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

That is probably it. Helena was probably shocked that Stavros would go as far as shooting his own son to keep L&L from learning that he was alive before he was ready.

Yeah but what was Helena's role exactly? So she had nothing to do with Lulu's disappearance but was somehow acting as an assistant to Stavros? I forget, did she confirm that she was the one that abducted Ethan?

#12 Eric83

Eric83

IWOKEUPLIKEDIS

• Members
  • 8,801 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Not really DD predicted everyone who was coming back before they were announced

Predicting and making up spoilers is not the same as knowing.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

#13 Nate4

Nate4

Contract

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

What does DD stand for?

#14 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 38,452 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Predicting and making up spoilers is not the same as knowing.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

OMG, DEAD!

#15 ~bl~

~bl~

Long Term Lurker, Occasional Poster

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Daytime Dish a message board

#16 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,519 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I don't know how well this story will work as long as Tony and Genie are phoning it in and as long as the stakes are so very thin. People went on about the hotness of RKK the last time around and the story still sucked. I mostly end up wondering if Ron needed to fill GH's "sexy rapist" quota while Todd was offscreen.

#17 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,530 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

I don't know how well this story will work as long as Tony and Genie are phoning it in and as long as the stakes are so very thin. People went on about the hotness of RKK the last time around and the story still sucked. I mostly end up wondering if Ron needed to fill GH's "sexy rapist" quota while Todd was offscreen.

It's not going to go well for quite a few reason's, the top being, FRon is totally against well-written dramatic stories. 

#18 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,519 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

It's not going to go well for quite a few reason's, the top being, FRon is totally against well-written dramatic stories. 

That's been true for years but every story they do is still praised as the ideal. I just wonder if people really wanted to go back to this Cassadine stuff. To me it's kind of pointless, because the original story was mostly about energy and charisma and goofy fun. Now years later you have two main actors who, IMO, look like they would rather be on a fast train to hell than be near each other or be playing these characters, and you have a lot of stale camp. 

It seems like it's going to mostly turn into "isn't RKK hot!" But unless the entire story is about Stavros doing ab crunches, that's not going to be enough.

#19 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,530 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

That's been true for years but every story they do is still praised as the ideal. I just wonder if people really wanted to go back to this Cassadine stuff. To me it's kind of pointless, because the original story was mostly about energy and charisma and goofy fun. Now years later you have two main actors who, IMO, look like they would rather be on a fast train to hell than be near each other or be playing these characters, and you have a lot of stale camp. 

It seems like it's going to mostly turn into "isn't RKK hot!" But unless the entire story is about Stavros doing ab crunches, that's not going to be enough.

Yeah Geary and Genie just appear lifeless.  Now sure why Genie sucks so badly this time around, but wow!  Perhaps she's always sucked and I never noticed. 

#20 Gray Bunny

Gray Bunny

Me & The Slut of Springfield

• Members
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Yeah Geary and Genie just appear lifeless.  Now sure why Genie sucks so badly this time around, but wow!  Perhaps she's always sucked and I never noticed. 

This.

She's quite endearing and exceptionally beautiful, but I've never thought she was a strong actress.

And despite not having watched GH year after year, I find all this Helena / Cassadine hullabaloo anti-climactic, like the stakes are supposed to be high, but it's falling flat.  We know Luke & Laura will be fine. It's like when DAYS' Jack & Jennifer were hanging off cliffs every day (literally) when they were stuck on that damn Melaswen Island.

Edited by Gray Bunny, 11 April 2013 - 10:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users