BREAKING NEWS!!!! Prospect Park BUYS Liscensing rights to PGP soaps

• Members

A few things here:

- I figured it was a joke, and I did a joke too, so I can't exactly complain. I'm surprised no one thought of it earlier, to be honest.

- P&G soaps were very important to some of us, and while we don't go around moaning about it, some of us feel like they were treated like [!@#$%^&*], by the industry and by CBS and by P&G. And while it's not spoken about very often, because it's not exactly a surprise, there's going to be some sadness that the shows aren't being brought back and likely never will be, even as other shows are.

- Some of the reaction is based on that, not on the poster.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you are wrong about that completely. I am not really part of the social circle here that talks to each other in moving gifs and indulges in extended conversations in the update column publicly talking about people here but trying to be coy and declining to say their name even though the target surely must know who they are talking about, but this person who started this thread is not part of the gang for one reason or another and therefore the joke was not welcome. I think its that simple.

• Members

Beyond my own reaction, I tend to agree. I keep to the edges of the forums for the most part because of this. For my part, though, having just recalled that today was 4 years from the date of the GL cancellation notice, it does sting. If nothing worse, it's simply a little bit crass to people who saw their show die such an undignified death.

• Members

First of all I forgot it canceled on April Fools day but since it did don't be surprised if jokes like this will continue for YEARS to come. Second, what makes a April Fools Day joke good is the belief factor.

Thanks. I was only trying to be funny. This was BOUND to happen eventually! The year AFTER it was cancelled would have been very cruel. Even the second year after the fact. But after 4 years of night seeing the light of day (so to speak) I think it is time.

I am surprised you (or Toups) didn't send my yet another per-warning message!!

Thanks!.....Best Friend!

THANKS! As I have said previously. I meant it as a joke and not taken as if the world is going to end (Pun undntended)

THAT is why really enticed me to do this. Maybe if Angilca McDonald reads she may see how much the shows are missed.

+1

As for EVERYONE. I can honestly say I NEVER gave up on AMC/OLTL Everyone I know thought I was crazy to follow the soap press after A WEEK of PP not saying anything. I have hope ATWT/GL will come back along with AW. If what PP does is successful I can at least see a revamp in the way soaps are structured (4 days instead of 5; 42 weeks instead of 52; rotating schedule). I can imagine GL and ATWT sharing the same set. It may not bee PP doing it or PGP. I can assure you SOMEDAY they will be back!!

• Members

I'll go on record as saying that I wouldn't LOL at this regardless of who the poster was. There has been some mild CBS vs. ABC chatter on and off ever since we first even heard of Prospect Park, and I know many GL/ATWT fans - myself being one of them, ATWT at least - have held onto hope, however faint it may be, that those shows would be resurrected in some real, tangible way like AMC and OLTL are. I know it's just a joke, and I'm all for joking, and I honestly have no real issue with allmc2008 like some people seem to do. I think he's perfectly harmless, so, for me, it has nothing to do with him, regardless of pseudo-renegade assumptions of the contrary.

IDK...I guess I think of an April Fool's joke as being something horrible or unpleasant turning out to be false, not news that people have been hoping to hear turning out to be false. It's disheartening, but far be it from me to dictate what everyone else should think is hilarious. Laugh on lol

Meanwhile, I think every single one of us on this board could do with a week's worth of weed, because the drama is too f!cking close these days.

• Members

+2721984

I went through a mess worse than this on another forum I was on years ago. 5-10 people were actually bullied right off the forum, and they were great posters, too. The last thing I want to see is the same thing happen here. We've already lost some awesome posters on here recently over goofy misunderstandings, I don't want more drama on here, since I really do value what you guys all contribute. [/kumbaya]

• Members

As entertaining as some of the madness can be to hear about third or fourth hand - and I have asked myself about it when I see status updates that are like, 12, 13 messages long, and learned some of these stories - I do think the backchatter and behavior is verging on bullying. Whether or not certain people are making fools of themselves it just seems distasteful to me for multiple posters run wild on them like that. I just don't care for a dogpile, no matter who it is or what they may have done. There's no need for the whole place to sink to one miscreant or another's level. I think everyone needs to calm down.

As for the prank, it's a garden variety one. I do, however, hold out a lot of hope for CBS soap fans that GL or ATWT will be resurrected someday should AMC and OLTL do well, and I can understand them being stung. Everyone's emotions are running high lately because of this miracle, so it's not a prank I would have played, though I don't think it's a very big deal.

• Members

Hey...I doubt very many (if anyone) bought into this for a millisecond. I know I didn't. I wouldn't know the poster if they ran me over with a car.

However, cancellation is a very sore subject---even three/four years later. ESPECIALLY with everyone and their PR whores touting GH's anniversary the SAME WEEK as ATWT celebrated theirs.

And frankly---it's really not even inspired enough for me to consider funny. Cruel may have been an overstatement---but I thought childish sounded a bit bitchy.

Archived