Tony Geary, Jane Elliot, Kin Shriner TV Guide Interview

• Members

I love everything about the interview, including random mentions of actors from other shows they are friends with! I'm a little scandalized by some of the wild things they did back in the day though.

Glad the actors are liking the new regime. You know Tony Geary would not hesitate to speak up if he didn't. The show has lured me back after 16 years. Carlivati and Valentini have new characters too, but they understand you need the tentpole icons who are in the collective fan memory as part of the cast.

There haven't been just "five-minute" returns. Laura, Scotty, Frisco, Lucy, Bobbie, NIkolas, AJ, Anna, a lot have been sticking around.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Karen's stripper story was before Labine. Not sure about the other one you mention.

Labine actually had a lot of fun stuff in her episodes even if the overall stories were depressing aside from Ned and Lois. Remember Foster the dog, and his romance with Annabelle? Sigmund the duck? Lucy was also used for humor. And so were the Quartermaines' interactions at times.

I also thought the introduction of the Ward family and the toxic waste incinerator, Charles Street Foundation, activist stuff was inspiring, rather than depressing.

• Members

YES! I agree with both Vee and Eric about FRon.

Labine's era was great for compelling, human drama. However, it was pretty depressing overall. I think though while the "big dramatic depressing" storylines are always remembered, she did have humor and there was fun and light things going on. The bigger dramatic stories just trump the others, though it WAS one depressing story after another, as good as they were.

I still hated Guza's writing overall and seeing some of the 90s episodes plus his 2000s run just reconfirms that. He at least could write a story, whether I thought it was good or not. Watching Mike pathetically chasing Sonny, Sonny and Jax berating the police and Dara in that one episode ... the mess that was Jason. The vet destructions ... sigh. As much as I enjoyed Carly, her arrival, and Jason's brain damage, really, ultimately seemed to be where the show started to completely changed. I miss when I liked Brenda/Sonny and Luke/Laura. Sonny used to be a lot more tolerable. Seeing the different eras mixed together you really see the change and it kind of just smacks you in the face with how different everyone became.

However ...

What a great interview between them though. They all come across as such good friends which is always nice to hear about behind the scenes.

And yeah, a Gloria Monty tell all sounds like it would be quite fun to read.

Archived