Why do SOAPNET delete some GH scenes in the 50 marathon episodes?

• Members

I'm not certain but I don't think soaps did separate music tracks back then. Wasn't that one of the issues with the company that produced the DVDs of the PG soaps, that they couldn't remove the popular music because there weren't separate dialogue and music tracks?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone know if The Waltons is edited in reruns on the various channels it's on? I've fallen in love with that show and it doesn't seem to be missing scenes. I think Hallmark may run the tape slightly faster though to cut down on length -- it's noticeable and funny. I also think the opening music might be cut a bit.

• Members

It airs in Canada on a minor cable station, daily, and I've only watched a few complete episodes but a few brief scenes seem chopped up (the same station, noticeably and annoyingly, airs BBC shows--from AB Fab to the original Upstairs Downstairs and obviously DOES chop them up slightly for commercials, but being Canadian cable they don't have as many commercials as American TV).

• Members

During the recent Real World marathon on MTV, which showed the first season from 20 years ago, they had the episodes starting at odd times (like 12:32 or 5:47) I assume due to time constraints due to the difference in commercial time...the episodes themselves didn't seem to be missing any content.

• Members

Networks used to be a lot less afraid of this--even into the early 70s to an extent. Hour shows starting at the whatever:30 mark, 90 minute shows, forty five minute shows (including of course some soaps) etc. You would think now in the world of DVR they would be more willing to try this (the closest they come is that mean spirited thing where they will run shows a minute or two past the hour and immediately into the next show, thinking people won' bother changing the channel.)

Archived