B&B - April 2013 - Discussion Thread

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
there better be! I was so disappointed that there wasn't much when Brooke slept with Deacon. Ridge hard time with it but everyone else pretty much let it slide with Brooke not getting much backlash at all. Even Stephanie tried to protect her secret after her initial shock. And the press never found out so no scandal was made of it.

I hope this affair comes out at the first fashion show for Brooke's Bedroom. I want everyone in the press there taking pictures and catching both Bill and Brooke off guard as its revealed. It needs to top the messiness that was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5C0Fox_M_E

• Members

I want to believe that Taylor's ongoing concern about Brooke causing a scandal is Brad laying the groundwork for Brooke and Bill's affair to explode into a public fashion scandal, but I am not getting my hopes up too high. However, I think that is more likely to happen than Katie divorcing Bill.

As of right now, I see Brad "redeeming" Brooke by having her end things with Bill for Katie's sake. No doubt she and Bill will be pining for each other until Katie finds out the truth. Of course, eventually Katie forgives them both and declares Brooke the best sister evah! RME.

• Members

Ann, I have a feeling we were not supposed to see BB as two pigs in a blanket. Why else would they give us Bill's post-coital monologue about the wonders of Brooke and her rerererererefurbished crotch?

I wish the writers had done a split screen with BB at the height of ecstasy as Katie is "going to see Elizabeth". But, again, I guess the goal was for us to see a great love in the making! PUKE! I swear I'm tuning out if this goes that route. This is really juicy stuff, and I don't need it ruined by a ridiculous love story. It's lust! Plain and simple!

• Members

I think that Bill and Brooke have definitely been written as a love story. It is usually done this way to give the characters motivation and cut down the ire against against them for the cheating. Brooke was "in love" with Deacon when she slept with him too. It is her modus operandi. She is always following her heart which why she is supposed to be sympathized with and forgiven. Bill is not much different. Not too long ago, he was in love with Steffy too. She was the woman for him although he has apparently completely forgotten about this. In many ways, this makes Bill and Brooke a perfectly match couple, more so than Ridge and Brooke ever were.

I have been worried that this Bill/Brooke affair would mean the end for Katie, but after reading the Variety blurb, I realized that with Susan Flannery gone, Heather Tom is Brad's only sure thing for an acting Emmy. Scott Clifton also, but to a lesser degree. So Brad is not going to dump or get bored of Katie like he has with other characters in the past.

I saw KKL is trying to beat back the negative reaction to Bill and Brooke on Twitter. It cracked me up that she said that Brooke should have "matured." Guess all those "too old" comments are getting to her. LOL!

• Members

Bill and Brooke cannot be star-crossed lovers because Katie is a sympathetic character. I'm sure people who think they are "pretty" together will root for them anyway but they don't have a tragic story. They're just two selfish people who place their physical satisfaction above everything else. What's laughable is that they actually spent a couple of minutes trying to convince Katie that the whole thing was her fault because Bill loves her and wants their marriage to work. As bad as Brooke is, you would think that they would have given her one more episode to fight her lusts and lament her sister's possible plain but that would have been two wasted seconds. They're perfect for each other.

Unfortunately, Katie is proably going to be chained to them for way too long.

Caroline should be a sympathetic character because Rick is doing her wrong. And I think that when viewers are cognizant of the direction in which they are being steered there might be more resistance to going along. I know that I would ordinarily root for a character in Caroline's position despite her dabbling in evil. Technically that can be written off as her feeling insecure and Maya is wrong to infringe, even if Rick is the real culprit. But since Caroline is portrayed like a spoof of a ditzy popular hgh school mean girl on a soap, I can only laugh at that. There's no depth there for me to do anything but laugh at how OTT she seems. It's just too bad that they don't have an equally shallow guy to balance the whole thing out.

• Members

While we are supposed to be rooting for Raya (which I am), we are clearly suppose to be laughing at Caroline's mean girl antics which really are funny and ridiculous more than evil. Even the actress looks like she is having fun and this might save the character from completely falling off the canvas.

• Members

They're cute but I'm not rooting for them. I can go with Rick being enamored but since he's showing no real interest in being with Caroline, there is no point to his stringing her along. It's just too bad they didn't have either Eric or Taylor mention Maya and her story to him as a way of shedding some light on why he doesn't just let Caroline go. With that kind of storytelling, he can easily wake up on day 19 and be all in with Caroline without any explanation whatsover except Maya was a mistake or however Caroline refers to her.

I want to see Maya's story unfold though.

• Members

Brill is definitely being written/pushed as a love story. Now these two skanks will yearn for eachother once again as Bill stays with ill Katie out of guilt. As for Caroline, I finally can watch her. She is OTT but I find her snobby mean girl antics funny. The handkerchief scene cracked me up. I do agree that Rick needs to man up. He wants Maya, okay fine, but dump Caroline.

• Members

Rick did confide in Hope about Maya. His feelings for her and the reasons for his lies. We have not gotten any follow up, but in the show's time, this last week or two on our screens has only been two or three days at most.

Rick not breaking up with Caroline is ridiculous, but I only think that is happening to draw out Raya's inevitably becoming a couple. Let's face it if this happens too fast, Brad will be bored in a hot second so I appreciate that he is taking his time, by his standards anyway.

• Members

Hey, Maya is no innocent here which is why I like her even more now. With her "life can be a bitch, RIck, why do you want to waste a moment of it dating one" comment and kissing Rick, Maya made it known that it was, "game on" and she is straight up fighting Caroline for Rick. I am loving how this story is playing out.

Archived