GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed.

Now that would have been interesting. I do quite like Felix and Sabrina, though, in their hospital roles and as friends. They're lighter fare. The problem is when most of the show is lighter fare.

• Members

Sabrina would be perfect in a more supporting role. I have really enjoyed the character up until the Nurses Ball episodes. They need to decrease her airtime and get her away from Patrick romantically.

Today's episode was my least favorite of the NB and that ending with everyone singing didn't thrill me at all.

I like where they have taken Britt and I'm enjoying Dr. O's return but not sure where this is headed or what they intend to get out of it.

• Members

While I am loving AJ and Liz, and Michael shipping them, I do agree that Liz/Patrick is what should have happened. However, with alive Robin I get why they didnt, because it would be a hard story to pull off. Liz had been so damaged too that I dont mind too much.

• Members

I really hope they're not insane enough to try and make her a different character. As ridiculous as it is on general principle, at least Roger Howarth and Michael Easton have a long history on several soaps. KA? It's like seppuku.

• Members

Pardon my total ignorance on the matter, but do I have it right that Ronnie C. plans to bring back all three actors -- KA, ME and RH -- as brand-new characters? Does anyone know how he plans to explain the switch?

• Members

Sith magic.

They have threatened it off the record to TV Guide, etc. after negotiations over creative control of the characters on crossovers went south, but no one at ABC has officially said they are doing this. I still don't believe it will happen.

• Members

I liked Britt's mom being more humanized, with touches like the dancing, the "Brava," and the milk. I don't think her dancing to some good music makes her a "cartoon character." I think her being a "cartoon character" would be if she was always just evil. Her dancing actually makes her more of an effective villain, because she has other facets to her, she does things people would do in real life, and she's not just a cackling caricature.

I think from the past couple days, it's safe to say she does care about her daughter after all, even though she didn't show it well and Britt never felt the love. I think there is probably much more to what Dr. Obrecht is planning than just wanting her daughter to get her man though -- there is a revenge element that was alluded to Monday.

I heard quite a few mentions of amfAR, a real-life charity that people can actually contribute to, so I would take that over Lucy giving updates on fake numbers of donations raised at the ball. Patrick's speech on Monday gave hard statistics on the continuing AIDS epidemic and I don't think it was at all forgotten what the Nurses Ball was about. I agree with whoever said they should have mentioned Stone though.

I ended up indeed being let down by pregnancy being the revelation .. Most of the acts on stage weren't as compelling either. I agree this was the weakest of the three days. Glad Monica and Tracy were back though.

Re: Sabrina not wanting to say the word "bitch," I liked that, because it *is* a "derogatory word for women" (in the words of Rachel Reilly though she ended up using it herself), and some people thankfully do still not use it or try not to. It doesn't mean she's being portrayed as a "paragon of virtue," especially since she ended up saying it and I don't think they will have her feeling bad about it tomorrow. It'd be sad if it was saintly just to not use a derogatory word that some people find offensive

I think this really could be Britt's baby with Patrick. And with the additional explanation about how Britt felt Patrick still wouldn't love her after this, it makes sense out of more of the dialogue from a couple weeks ago too. I do like this idea I'm reading here about her maybe carrying Lulu and Dante's baby, though.

Also, for the record, I think Chad Duell/Michael looked the best of any of the guys on stage - fit, but normal, and not overly bulky like Milo. I thought Spinelli was fine too. Max was too fat.

• Members

I think so, if it was another role on another show, I think she would have said instead of being vague. She either starts filming the new GH role tomorrow or is getting her look changed for the new role, like a hair cut and dye job.

Archived