DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Administrator
The storyline really does remind me of Reilly, so you'd think I would enjoy it right? But nope. It's all because of Daniel. I do like the structure of the story though (well except for them always breaking up, getting back together, breaking up).

I say bring him back as Peter Blake since Jason Brooks is never coming back.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol....I wanted Peter back with Kristen last fall and with Billie. Similar story but Jennifer worked into this as well as she teams up with Bo to oppose Billie and Peter being together. Of course all her protesting Peter and Billie's relationship reawakens old feelings as she finds herself drawn to her best friend's new man. Kristen would be caught in the middle of her two friends. Hope would push for and support Peter and Billie to keep him from Jen and her from Bo. It would be a huge mess between Hope/Bo/Billie/Peter/Jennifer/Kristen all around. Sigh, too bad that never happene

• Members

I think Rinna had already decided to leave by this point, to try for primetime.

I don't know how much to put on the actresses, because this isn't the first time RKK had supposedly had issues on the set.

• Members

• Not only that, she only came to work to break up with Daniel. Otherwise she would not have bothered. I'm upset that we never saw Anne's face when Jen said she was quitting her "job" - she must of been absolutely radiant!
  • I noticed that too - I just thought it was a huge booger she hadn't wiped properly. Honestly, Helen Keller could color co-ordinate better than wardrobe on the show.
  • Why wouldn't Craig be ok? He wants what Chloe wants, like Nancy. Just because Craig was deprived of Chloe growing up wouldn't factor into his moral relativism. What am I missing?

If this was really JER, this story would have unfolded over 3 years, not 3 months. I too like the structure (and not the protaganists), but it is very rushed and lots of the emotional beats have been skipped. I understand there are reasons BTS for this, but still.

• Members

Finished Friday's episode. Great script by Richard Culliton. It was dramatic, warm, intelligent, and he put a lot of humorous dialogue into it too.

Best part was Chad making fun of Cameron. I can't believe Cameron was acting all offended that his friends had been concerned about him. I'm glad Chad and Abigail are back on good terms.

Not many have mentioned it, but the Eric-Nicole stuff was solid once again, even if it didn't move any plot forward. I was fooled for a bit that he might really be leaving.

Daniel and Maggie were good. I felt a real mother-son connection.

Touched that Kristen tried to help Jennifer. Loved that so many people kept coming to the door for both Jennifer and Daniel -- really soapy.

Daniel and Chloe were revolting but I knew he would stop before it went too far so I was able to get through it.

• Members

Yes, I completely forgot about that. That whole fantasy bit happened around summer of 2008 if I am not mistaken. This picture comes from the fantasy, however, this was around the time when Chloe was messing around with Lucas, so this must be "Lucas f-cked me in an elevator" Chloe. lol

• Members

Little Parker is adorable. It's cute when he gets lines even though I can't understand what he's saying half the time. lol

I absolutely cannot with Maggie and her snivelling over Jen and Dan. Go away, woman!

LOL at Lucas's glee over Jen dumping Daniel and LMAO at him wanting to hook her up with Rafe.

I still want Nicole/Eric but I'm digging Nicole and Vargas too. But her hair and dress today... a hot mess.

• Members

Check out the cast charts from these anniversary months of April 1968 (45 years ago) and April 1973 (40 years ago). Of special note is Joseph Mascolo's "Days" debut as Dr. Tufano, exactly 45 years ago this month!

April 1968:
castchart1968April.jpg

April 1973:
castchart1973AprilA.jpg

• Members

LMAO at Victor calling Jennifer a bitch and Maggie practically having a breakdown in that scene. That sh-t was hilarious

Here Lucas is to say I told you so to Jen. In other circumstances this would have bothered me but I found it funny how happy he was that Jen not only dumped him but cut him down so deeply. It made his day!

ETA: Wow, so with Daniel about to learn the truth, that means he and Jen will have only been broken up for about a day? WTF was the point of this part of the story?

• Members

Liked the episode Monday. I feel like things are moving, and it was still character-driven.

I loved the opening. I would have been okay with "It was all a bad dream," haha!

Is Nicole's trust and bonding going to put Vargas on a path toward redemption? Or is he just a short-arc villain to cause problems for Nick? I love how the show is leaving that up in the air for now. I would be fine with it if he stuck around for more than just a few months. It may be that they have written themselves into a corner with Eric being so devoted to the church so if Nicole is going to end up with Eric, it has to be a lot more long-term and she needs another pairing in the meantime. I also like the idea of Hope and Vargas more and more that someone else suggested.

I feel like Abe was pretty conned by Vargas's act, despite his earlier suspicions before meeting Vargas.

I wonder when Kristen will be exposed and if Brady will still forgive her after that if she explains that it was before she developed real feelings. I think Hope was getting suspicious today. Sy apparently thinks if he talks to Victor, he will have more protection than if he had gone to Marlena, which probably makes sense.

I also laughed at Lucas's glee, Cheap21!

Parker's doing some good "don't leave me alone with this crazy woman telling me to say New York instead of Brazil" acting with his mom, LOL. The writing subtly makes Parker have more lines and responsiveness with Daniel than with Chloe right now. I do think kids can tell when they are being loved vs when they are being used, even at that young age. I have to wonder how the real-life child actor is processing all of this though.

The passport ... Daniel's figured it out!

Archived