Ignoring posters' status updates

Eric83

• Members

Which is a separate issue. Eric simply asked a question that amounts to little more than a request for tech support. Frankly it shouldn't matter why he asked. It doesn't affect anybody else. It's no different then when people were asking where the birthdays went.

(Sorry Eric, I'm not trying to speak for you.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agree with Eric, DaytimeFan and of course, my boo marceline. It's gotten very tiresome and an ignore feature would be fantastic. I don't know why some are coming in here and trying to act as if Eric doesn't have the right to ask for a user-feature. Some people just stay pressed and hypocritical.

You know I always got your back, Eric!

• Members

I agree with the general consensus. I'm not very active on the status updates, however I do find it interesting that we can pick and chose people who we want to comment on our own statues (I was rudely awakened to that fact when I went to post a congratulatory comment a few weeks ago to find that I couldn't because, apparently that poster doesn't like me), but we can't pick and choose whose statuses we see. It's contradictory in a way.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

It's funny you say this because the same happened to me. I went to congratulate someone a few weeks ago only to find that I couldn't (we might be talking about the same person...lol). Not sure why, don't care too much but it was weird. Everyone is not going to like you, and that's ok. But its odd when you learn someone might have a beef with you and you honestly don't know why. Fret not RS, I will never block you for any reason wub.png

Apparently, we can, but like you, I'm not changing a thing. I really like reading what just about everyone has to say.

• Members

I'm not sure if it's an option or not because I don't ignore or block anybody on here regardless of our pasts, but I noticed it's a common theme with the status updates I see when I go on there. People I've had run ins with in the past, I'm not allowed to post anything. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just noting the irony. if I don't like you/your comments, you can't comment on my status... however, I can see all 5011 million of yours and can't do anything about it. Which kinda defeats the purpose because all you'd have to do is read my status and then, if you can't comment on it and are in the mood to troll, you can just go ahead and update yours with a questionable remark about mine and there's nothing I can do about. It's right there in my face. So, yeah... There's still some ch--- uh, kinks in the armor that need to be worked out.

• Members

Thanks babygirl! And no fretting, just as I said, I noticed a running theme. I don't even remember who it was, to be honest. I just remember reading what they had written and was like "Oh, that's nice" and just wanted to add my two cents of celebration and there was no "Add Comment" link. Just "Show Comments" and I was like "Oh." And I looked at the username and thought to myself "Oh... kinda makes sense they don't want me on there." But I don't know who it was. Just saw that with a couple of other like people.

• Members
Its annoying and distracting. Its hard to ignore when its right there in your face in big loud capital letters. Personally Im finding these messages disturbing more than anything and its not even funnyHow did I miss this thread? DEAD at this response. You shut it down...lol

• Members

LOL.... and my issue is that they're talking down to us because we call this out. That person is being a straight up troll and I am not going to sit here and defend my argument when the poster in question proves my point everday. 99% of the board can not be the problem, and this one person is so innocent and being "bullied" GMAFB rolleyes.gif

Archived