Actor's who made you dislike characters

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Missy Reeves. I cannot stand Jennifer now (the writing is also dreadful for the character so that sure doesn't help) and back in 2010/2011 I couldn't wait for them to bring her back.

Farah Fath. UGH. Double UGH. And guilt by associate, I grew sick of John Paul Lavoisier.

Steve Burton.

In a case of the OPPOSITE, I think I'd like Shawn Christian IRL but I hate/despise/loathe Daniel.

EDIT:

Whoops! Forgot a biggie! Michael Muhney.

• Members

I thought about this and can't think of any actor's public personality that ever made me dislike their soap character. I had gone from loving Jason to hating him long before Burton's MonaVie ponzi scheme came to light. However, there are actors whose sucky/bland acting as recasts that made me dislike characters that I used to love.

Primarily, Amelia Heinle who made me go from loving Victoria (Young and the Restless) to ambivalence with the occasional fires of hate for the character. Jensen Buchanan made me go from loving Victoria (Another World) to having no use for the character, but I never hated the character.

• Members

Eric Braeden - full of himself

Melody Thomas Scott - aloof to the extreme

Hunter Tylo - drama queen

Jacob Young - unaware of his luck

Tom Eplin - Spiteful ass (mean just to be mean)

Susan Lucci - quite Diva

Judith Chapman - flaky

Nancy Lee Grahn - twitter challenged

Thorsten Kaye - Dry wit (or what he thinks passes as it anyway), pompous ass

• Members

Bree Williamson

Michael Easton

Trevor St. John

Kristen Alderson

Gina Tognoni Although I hated Kelly Cramer to begin with, her last run made me want to puke and I'm not sure I could like her in any role again.

Thorsten Kaye

And last but certainly not least Ron Carlivati's twitter [!@#$%^&*] makes me dislike almost anything he does and that includes almost all his characters.

• Members

Some more big ones - Trevor St. John (good actor but tends to be so smug and unlikable), Michael Easton (seems like a nice guy in real life though!), Bree Williamson, Farah Fath (already listed JPL lol), the boring actress who played Paige on OLTL in 06, Jessica Morris, whoever played Tico Santi, Laura Wright, Maureen McCormick

I only saw Hunt Block on OLTL but he was (unintentional) comedy gold there.

Archived