Actor's who made you dislike characters

• Members

I know we always talk about separating the actor from the character but sometimes it's really hard to do especially with so many of them on Twitter. Are there any actors who made you dislike their characters more?

MM's entitlement which he brings to screen with him only made me hate Adam more than I already did after all the vile acts that character committed.

I was indifferent to Alexis Davis, I didn't think she was great but I had no problem with her and even rooted for her sometimes but having come across NLG's personality online, I could care less what happens to Alexis and sometimes I just get annoyed seeing her.

Galen Gering's arrogance offscreen only fueled my Rafe hate.

Steve Burton's offscreen antics while giving nothing onscreen makes him even less watchable.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Crystal Hunt made me hate Lizzie Spaulding on GL, but then I grew to like her. Cue Marcy Ryland ruining Lizzie again, the character's maturity level plummeting to that of a young child.

Hunt Block ruined Craig on ATWT for me. Similarly, Cady McClane made Roseanna unbearable, IMO.

Martha Madison also made me hate Belle on Days. I can't speak of how she acts elsewhere, but how do they recast and rewrite from bubbly and almost TOO likeable to cold, dour, and sexless just like that?

All IMO, of course... :)

• Members

Martha Madison seemed so perky and innocent to me. Belle came off as a virgin when she was in the role. She was the only reason I tolerated Belle.

Philece Sampler - ANY role of hers!! Ugh!!!! The most annoying voice ever

Michael Muhney

Carolyn Hennessy - Diane wasn't a great character but Carolyn's portrayal made me despise the character every single moment she was on screen

Wendy Moniz - very grating on both OLTL and GL

Steve Burton

Maurice Bernard

Michelle Stafford

Sharon Case

Bradford Anderson

Natalie Zea

Travis Schuldt

Krista Tesreau

Kristen Storms

Denise Vasi

Tammin Sursoks

JPL

David Gregory

Tari Signor

Whoever played Ben Davidson on OLTL. I kinda liked the character on paper but the "actor" was so unlikable

Whoever plays Sabrina on GH (the character and writing doesn't help but I can feel the actress sucking the life right out of a scene)

There's many more but they're at the top of my list.

• Members

Carolyn Hennessy! She's pretty much at the top of my long list. I'm glad she's like that in real life just because she's that unwatchable onscreen

I didn't like Gigi even on paper but it's Stacy who brings out the most grating qualities in any actress cause the character was so plot driven and ridiculous. Farah was even worse in the role than Crystal Hunt was.

• Members

I liked Robert Kelker Kelly early on as Sam on AW but then when I started reading stories of how he acted behind the scenes with Sandi Ferguson and then Kristian Alfonso/Lisa Rinna I disliked him. I never liked him as Bo and could not stand his second run on AW as Shane.

Bradford Anderson of GH I will second although I haven't watched GH really a lot with him on it. I've recently been tuning in to see the "old school" GH faves and he annoys me!

• Members

I'll do what Mathewson did and make a list.

Arrogant/cocky/entitled actors tend to turn me off so there' definitely a few on my list that was turned off by just for their personality, the annoying voiced valley girls that started grating me to the point where I had to start changing the channel upon seeing their faces, the people who play all their characters the same, the ott screechers,etc

Galen Gering

Farah Fath

Carolyn Hennessy

Steve Burton

Michael Muhney

JPL

RKK

NLG

Kristen Alderson

Michelle Stafford

Lindsey Hartley

Marcy Rylan