Who was your show's Charity Rahmer?

• Members

Few come close to Charity Rahmer, whose reputation is only slightly overblown. Jessica Morris in her first two years on OLTL as Jen Rappaport did so for me, though. She only marginally improved later. Also horrible: the "I Want To Be A Soap Star" reality show winner, Mikey Jerome(?), supposedly crowned the winner and handpicked for his contract role on OLTL by a panel of industry judges that I believe included Frank Valentini himself. Mikey lasted about five minutes onscreen as one of Vincent Jones's goons before they mercifully killed him off. Vincent and the actor playing him were also horrible, BTW, a Dena Higley creation who all but replaced R.J. on the show for a couple years. Here's Mikey now, in one of his slightly more animate moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijaJjHawL8I

At least one of the two Jans of DAYS was also really terrible despite the relentless adoration of seemingly every soap-watching gay teen on the Internet in the last ten years, desperate to relieve a hazily-remembered '90s through a psycho chick, any psycho chick - I think it was the first Jan that sucked so hard.

Brianne Moncrief as Colby on AMC - unwatchable.

Danica Stewart as Maxie. Terrible, crass "actress" who had no business on my TV.

Jessica Kaye as Rebecca Lewis. Not only a profound assassination of one of my favorite childhood characters by Ron Carlivati which he didn't bother to even remotely explain, but a truly horrible recast played by a woman who couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

Andrew Trischitta was deeply awful when he started on OLTL as Jack, as was Shenell Edmonds as Destiny. Both were in the running for this prize, and both marginally improved over time, Andrew much more quickly than Shenell, and he seems to work opposite KDP and RH, which gives me hope for his future. If he doesn't measure up, at least he'll have his hair.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Charity Rahmer was painfully bad but it's so funny how she's on DAYS for maybe two weeks and people still create threads about her nine years later.

Heather Lauren Olsen, I think. I never liked Jan as a character but I liked Heather Lindell, the second actress. I also agree about most of the others you listed like the Rebecca recast and Danica Stewart (she was painful on both GH and Passions).

Easily Ken Kenitzer as Kevin on OLTL! He was also on literally for about as long as Rahmer was on DAYS!! Tim Gibbs as Kevin on OLTL. Also, Bruce Michael Hall as Joey.

• Members

I find Chad Duell's dull ass worse than him. DG was loud and overhyped but CD doesn't even put any effort into the majority of his scenes and the rare times he does it's laughable as hell.

Re Babe: I don't understand why they did that! They couldn't finish the scene first?

I prefer them to just recast right away then wait months. I don't like the waiting months to bring so and so character back. Except when they recast Michael with Chad Duell and gave him the meaty reveal scenes that he totally bombed. They should've waited to recast when the story ended.

• Members

So true. I never thought of that before, now I see that shower scene in a whole new light. I wonder what was happening at Days in the 90's that competent/good actors were being replaced by model looking but atrocious wooden actors. Patrick Muldoon replaced by Austin Peck, Melissa Reeves replaced by Stephanie Cameron, Lisa Rinna by Krista Allen and Mark Valley by Jack Wilder.

I would say only Deborah Adair got replaced by someone just as good or better in Lauren Koslow (though I always liked Deborah as Kate as well)

Archived