Who was your show's Charity Rahmer?

• Members

What other instances have there been of an actor taking over a popular role (or even a new role) and tanking so badly that they were ushered off the show quickly (as in, 3 months or less)? My choices would be:

Y&R: Scott Seymour as Billy

B&B: Emily Harrison as Bridget

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She ended up lasting a (very long, very torturous) year, but Melody Anderson so irreparably ruined AMC's Natalie that TPTB had to kill her off (and it says something when what was such a popular character as originated/played by Kate Collins that when word leaked of Anderson's Nat getting not only being written out but being killed off, it seemed to be cheered on by longtime fans--myself included).

Also on AMC, the voodoo priestess Corinne was supposed to move to Pine Valley once the Jamaica storyline was over, but she just appeared in PV for Noah and Julia's wedding and disappeared thereafter. According to soap press reports when she first came onto the show, the character's last name was supposedly "McElroy" but when she said her last name on the actual air, it ended up being "LaMartine"--which makes me think she was originally intended to be part of the Martin clan somehow.

• Members

I loved her from top to bottom. Starting with Kyle Brandt's omnious MySpace posts telling us to be patience. It was really one of the most hilarious things in daytime. Besides, at that point I didn't think she was THAT out of place with how DAYS was and how the acting was. I could've seen her improving and becoming a campy favorite. For me, that was the only time Belle was enjoyable. Kirsten Storms was a bad actress and poorly written and Martha Madison reminded me of a bland soccer mom.

• Members

I have to admit I also enjoyed her more than any other Belle - Storms was OK but very squeaky, and Madison was boring and faded away in many scenes.

But I don't think in the long run it would have been entertaining to just see someone to laugh at. I know Ronn Moss made something of a career of that in his last years on B&B, but fans and the industry flay young actresses alive. She was probably better off, emotionally and psychologically, being fired. I know that's easy for me to say, I'm not the one who had the job, don't get me wrong. I'm just talking from the POV of how ugly fans and everyone else can be to young women.

Archived