Who was your show's Charity Rahmer?

105 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

What other instances have there been of an actor taking over a popular role (or even a new role) and tanking so badly that they were ushered off the show quickly (as in, 3 months or less)? My choices would be:

Y&R: Scott Seymour as Billy

B&B: Emily Harrison as Bridget

Edited by y&r_fan

Posted · Report post

Susan Batten for Alison Taylor Rice = Connor Walsh ATWT (HORRIBLE RECAST)

Can't remember her name for Leslie Kay = Molly ATWT

Posted · Report post

Whoever the first Raquel on AMC was.

Posted · Report post

There is only one Charity Rahmer

Posted · Report post

Susan Batten for Alison Taylor Rice = Connor Walsh ATWT (HORRIBLE RECAST)

Can't remember her name for Leslie Kay = Molly ATWT

Christina Chambers.

I'd actually say ATWT's charity case was Alyssa Diaz, who played Celia.

Posted · Report post

Kathleen Tolan ph34r.png

Posted · Report post

Whoever the first Raquel on AMC was.

Carolyn Neff

She ended up lasting a (very long, very torturous) year, but Melody Anderson so irreparably ruined AMC's Natalie that TPTB had to kill her off (and it says something when what was such a popular character as originated/played by Kate Collins that when word leaked of Anderson's Nat getting not only being written out but being killed off, it seemed to be cheered on by longtime fans--myself included).

Also on AMC, the voodoo priestess Corinne was supposed to move to Pine Valley once the Jamaica storyline was over, but she just appeared in PV for Noah and Julia's wedding and disappeared thereafter. According to soap press reports when she first came onto the show, the character's last name was supposedly "McElroy" but when she said her last name on the actual air, it ended up being "LaMartine"--which makes me think she was originally intended to be part of the Martin clan somehow.

Edited by twotrey

Posted · Report post

Weren't they think of pairing her with Jack? (Corinne I mean)

Posted · Report post

I actually think Charity Rahmer was great. I loved her. She was much better than Martha Madison. She was comic gold.

Posted · Report post

Jennifer Bransford as Carly on GH, she lasted like 6 months

I actually think Charity Rahmer was great. I loved her. She was much better than Martha Madison. She was comic gold.\

mellow.png

Her acting provided a lot of laughter, but she was not better than Martha Madison. That thing was an atrocity.

Edited by Eric83

Posted · Report post

Farah Fath - Gigi OLTL

Posted · Report post

mellow.png

Her acting provided a lot of laughter, but she was not better than Martha Madison. That thing was an atrocity.

I loved her from top to bottom. Starting with Kyle Brandt's omnious MySpace posts telling us to be patience. It was really one of the most hilarious things in daytime. Besides, at that point I didn't think she was THAT out of place with how DAYS was and how the acting was. I could've seen her improving and becoming a campy favorite. For me, that was the only time Belle was enjoyable. Kirsten Storms was a bad actress and poorly written and Martha Madison reminded me of a bland soccer mom.

I have to admit I also enjoyed her more than any other Belle - Storms was OK but very squeaky, and Madison was boring and faded away in many scenes.

But I don't think in the long run it would have been entertaining to just see someone to laugh at. I know Ronn Moss made something of a career of that in his last years on B&B, but fans and the industry flay young actresses alive. She was probably better off, emotionally and psychologically, being fired. I know that's easy for me to say, I'm not the one who had the job, don't get me wrong. I'm just talking from the POV of how ugly fans and everyone else can be to young women.

Edited by CarlD2