Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

How to become a writer for the Bells

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aback

Aback

Contract

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

I know this post will sound silly but--

My dream's always been to write for a soap. Not 'create one'. Just write for one of the shows I love.

The only ones left for me are Y&R and B&B. Both of them are in deep cr*p. Besides, I can't seem to find any info on how to get in. I mean, the Bell's entertainment company doesn't even have a website (as far as I know). What am I supposed to do?

Out of boredom, I found some members of the writing team on Facebook. I thought I might ask them. I could send 5 B&B episodes I've written. Would that feel too stalkerish?

Please note that I'm not an English native speaker, but I'm eager to perfect my English. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 sheilaforever

sheilaforever

Being Restless

• Members
  • 4,564 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Marry one, or marry someone who is related to them... whistling.jpg

Apart from that: just send in your layouts. Maybe somehow will have a look...

#3 Aback

Aback

Contract

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Marry one, or marry someone who is related to them... whistling.jpg

Apart from that: just send in your layouts. Maybe somehow will have a look...

Send to whom? :)

#4 bluejeanbaby3

bluejeanbaby3

RIP Y&R. Thanks for the memories.

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Bell-Phillip Television
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036

THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

Bell-Phillip Television Productions, Inc.
7800 Beverly Blvd., Suite 3371
Los Angeles, CA 90036

#5 jfung79

jfung79

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

ABC and P&G used to have writer development programs you could apply for.  I don't know about the Bell soaps.  The problem with sending in unsolicited breakdowns or scripts is I believe they aren't supposed to read them due to copyright concerns.  It may be better for you to send in an original script using characters from another show, since it doesn't concern their characters and they don't have to worry about being accused of stealing your idea for their own characters.  They can judge whether you have potential as a writer based on your script.

Edited by jfung79, 23 March 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#6 EnglishTea

EnglishTea

Contract

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Unfortunately, the scripts won't be read by anyone at the shows.  They will simply be returned because legal reasons prevent the show from reading any unsolicited material.  That is the course that is taken.  If you don't receive them back, don't get excited, thinking that someone is reading them - they will simply get tossed in the trash.  

CBS has a writers' program that you can look into, you should be able to google it and have some information come up.

Depending on your age, you could apply for an internship with the show, but it requires that you are receiving college credit.  

One last thing, and this may sound harsh, but the writers on Facebook aren't looking to bring in any new talent, who could ultimately take their job - too much self-preservation involved in a shrinking industry.

Edited by EnglishTea, 23 March 2013 - 04:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users