Could "Tonight Show" Changes Effect DAYS studio/filming?

• Members

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts/opinions are on the topic... With word beginning to leak of Jimmy Fallon replacing Jay Leno as Tonight Show host either in Feb 2014(post Olympics) or Sept 2014 (when Jay's contract expires) and news that filming location for the Tonight Show would at that time most likely move to NYC (from its current location in LA) could this affect DAYS?

I just ask because Days is one of the few shows filmed at NBC's Burbank Studios in LA.. along with The Tonight Show (I believe Access Hollywood also films there, maybe with a couple other small local/affiliate programs?). But If The Tonight Show leaves Burbank, could this leave DAYS to film in Burbank's studio alone with Access Hollywood? I know there was talk of DAYS moving studio locations late last year... but that it didn't happen. Also ( as we all know) Days' contract expires in Sept 2014 (or tape date of around May 2014 at this rate)... I know all of this would be purely specualtion at this point considering NBC hasn't even confirmed the Jimmy Fallon takeover/move to NYC. But it seems to be a very real possibility. I just dont want to see a DAYS filmed in Peapack, NJ :) Love to hear your thoughts/opinions!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think one of the worries of the original poster is that the renewal decision itself could be affected by whether or not there is another show there using the studio still.

Thanks for posting about this since I didn't know about it.

I'm not that concerned, though maybe I should be more. The show is holding steady in the ratings. Los Angeles is still the hub of the television industry so I don't imagine they would move just because of The Tonight Show leaving.

• Members

I think it has to be SOME factor, we just can't dismiss it, whether the show is doing 'good' or not (and for me, it is). Is it going to be THE affecting matter? Of course not. It SHOULDN'T be, but this IS NBC and their primetime is an utter mess not to mention late night is a mess because they keep messing with it.

IDK. I feel like DAYS is fine, simply because it's performing good and probably the LEAST of NBC's problems, and theyre STILL facing backlash from 'Today' and doesn't Kathie Lee want to move?

So ... NBC is a mess. But as for DAYS, my gut says it's going to be fine and I doubt this will have a major impact, but like I said, we don't know and can't assume anything, especially with NBC.

• Members

Days is within its budget and as long as it stays that way, they will be fine.

I really think the backlash from ABC with canceling two soaps at the same time made NBC think twice about canceling.

Maybe it could move to a more modern, smaller studio after 2014 bc we all know the Tonight Show Is moving to NYC in 2014.

Archived