Characters who were born on show and turned 10

• Members

I know the role of Kevin Buchanan is notorious for being recasted several times in the 1990's but i can't think of another character who was born on a soap (1976) and then had their 10th birthday on it too. By the time his brother Joey hit 10, he was already SORAS'd and so was his sister Jessica (but not by much.).

Can you think of another character from a soap who was born and then turned 10 in "real time." I know characters like Robin on GH and Starr on OLTL/GH started as children and stayed on for very long periods of time but Starr was a SORAS'd recast and Robin wasn't born on the show.

Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syster is so common on soaps, I bet Kevin is one of the few that is in both catorgories as the most SORAS'd and also a character they left alone to grow as a child.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On Search for Tomorrow little Patti Tate went from 6 to 16 over 10 years as Lynn Loring potrayed her all those years.

Same on Secret Storm as Jada Rowland played Amy Ames from the shows debut and pretty much was on for it's whole 20 year duration.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any child who was born on a show and stayed close to their real age. Maybe Freddie (Rick) on GL .He was born in 1970 and was a youngster throughout the 70's and wasn't aged until 82.

• Members

Will on Days basically grew up in real time. He was recast along the way i think only twice, but he was born in in 95 and not aged until 09 when he was made to be 16 instead of 14, but then they said he was 18 last year after 3 years so he lost one of the years he was aged.

• Members

I believe Patti was also De-SORASed. I remember the last Patti was around early 30s, yet her 20something daughter was on the show just two years before. I recall that being a very odd situation. Patti was on the show so many years so I didn't understand why they did that. They also had killed off her daughter before she returned which made little sense.

• Members

Was the character actually born on the show six years eariler before Lynn took over. If not then she goes into the "Jessica Buchanan/Starr Manning slot" Kristen Alderson came on at about seven years old to play Starr in 1998 and she's now on GH playing the same character 15 years later. But the character was born in 1995 so she was SORAS'd .

• Members

Patti was an original character with Lynn Loring in the role.

I had no idea they made Sarah up and that she had two real kids. I had stopped watching at that point (when AOL was airing it), but I find it so insulting that they wasted so much of Jo's family when she was the central character of the show. I understand the need to go younger, but hell, why not use Jo's family to bring the show forward? They just seemed to be clueless.

• Members

On AMC, I think Tim and Amanda Dillon more or less aged in real time until they left Pine Valley. I seem to recall the little girl who played Amanda was AMC's youngest contract player ever. We also saw Bianca and JR born on screen and saw them more or less at 10 as well, but there were some re-casts and Bianca did jump from infant to preschooler pretty quickly.

Archived