Y&R: Jeanne Cooper interview with TV Guide

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The best young actor they recently brought on was the guy who played Jaime and he's already off the canvas. he should have been Paul's grandson (Ricky's son). There was so much material there. The only other storyline that's worth watching is between two recurring players (Carmine and Lauren). Josh Griffith's work isn't offensive but it is boring and uninspired. The Wheeler storyline, who cares! Adriana's money theft, so what! Neil and Leslie, no chemistry. Tyler and Lily, I have no words....blank space. Cane, ruined. I could go on. There's no emotional grip or intensity. I'm happy Jill updated lighting, music and sets...John Conboy did that on GL, but if you don't have an inspired headwriter, then it doesn't really matter. Take some risks, make Carmine bisexual and have him seduce Michael (cause we all know Michael's at least bi!) and play both Michael and Lauren against each other for that stud who's really Wheeler's bastard child with Phyliss.

• Members

If that's how you want to interpret it.

What are the consequences? Are they going to kill her? Run her off the show? Cut her tongue out? I mean people are getting all worked up over her comments. Its her opinion and she's entitled to it, just like you and I. But when you go back and read people's reactions to what she's saying, everyone is getting all worked up. Like its not that big of a deal. Its not like she singled out 1 specific person and the things she's said, many others have made the same comments at other shows. This is show business and if some actors can't handle her comments, maybe they should do something else with their time.

• Members

If actors are coming to work unprepared, they deserve all the flak they get. It's unacceptable and I'm glad she pointed it out. They need to know their lines and be ready to work hard. Spare me the "poor young-uns being attacked!!!" routine.

• Members

I honestly can't believe folk are up in here getting bent out of shape over Jeanne! We don't have to "know" her personally to know her well. We've got 40 years of interviews, print and video, to know that this is how she is and how she always has been. The fact that people are randomly finding issue with that now is jarring to me.

Remember when she openly told Greg Rikaart that she wanted to tap that ass? It's Jeanne. She's good times and a beer.

Archived