Y&R: Jeanne Cooper interview with TV Guide

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do people take anything that Jeanne Cooper says seriously? This is the same woman that stood up on her book tour and announced that she smokes a joint before she goes to the studio in the morning.

Crude & crass is just the personality that she's taken on as she's gotten older.

• Members

If Eric Braeden made the same comments JC made, he'd be TRASHED all over the internet. But Cooper is ballsy and hilarious???

As the other actors' tweets show, you can't make these kinds of comments in a vacuum. Words affect and infect a work environment.

• Members

So it's ok to be a bitch who's too much of a coward to name names as long as you don't get physical? These are two distinct and separate issues.

I'm not defending Braeden, who deserves a lot of the bashing that he gets. But that doesn't mean Cooper gets a pass or "Jeanne is just so real and hysterical!"

And by the way, I know EB came to blows with PB. If there were others, please fill me in. Your posts make it seem as if he's physically assaulted half the cast.

• Members

The thing is, we don't know who Jeanne's comments were directed at. She's 84 and has been on Y&R for 40 years, so when she says "kids" and "newbies" she could be referring to virtually anyone. For all we know, that comment was directed towards Steve Burton, and not Hunter King, Jhoanna Flores, etc.

• Members

So anyone who disagrees with you needs to calm down???

No one said Cooper should be censored, and no one said she shouldn't speak her mind. But there's something called consequences when you open your mouth, and those of us who think she's wrong have a right to call her out on it.

Archived